FS: 2002 Spector Euro 4 Blueburst Flamed maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Basstovsky, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basstovsky

Basstovsky The guy with the dumb username... Supporting Member

For sale here is my Spector Euro 4 (not the newer 4LX model) it was well worn by the previous owner, and I tried to take detailed photos of everything to keep it honest, the price is low because it is a player, not a beauty queen.

$900 shipped with padded gigbag (in a heavy duty shipping box of course) in the continental US only, payment by Paypal only.

No trades please, I need to pay the bills and I have way too many basses right now.

It was made before the Euro 4LX series so it has full flamed maple wings (the neck-thru section is also maple) and the original 2-band tonepump preamp (9v powered) with the EMG P-J pickups. If it is a deal-breaker I also have a trimpot-equipped tonepump preamp that I can swap into it.
    (some people complain the tonepump's output is too high, the trimpot version allows you to lower the output volume)

The bridge is a little worn from the picking hand, but no corrosion at all and all adjustments work fine. Currently is set up with DR DDT strings 45-65-85-105. Neck is great and truss rod works, I had to set it up for the new strings when I bought it (previous owner played light gauge strings) so I can assure you that the truss rod and bridge adjustments work fine.

Pickups and preamp sound great, can go from really mean aggressive and snarling to clean and articulate. Preamp is boost-cut BUT the pots do not have center detents (they turn like regular knobs and don't "click" when centered) I usually just found a setting I liked and left it there. Controls are volume (neck) volume (bridge) bass and treble EQ.

Fretboard is rosewood (I think so, it does not appear to be Pau Ferro) with MOP inlays, 12th fret inlay has abalone stripes as shown.

If you have any questions please ask in the thread here or by PM, I can take extra pictures if I missed any areas. Onto the tons of photos!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weird dings under the E and A strings, not sure how they happened
    [​IMG]

Gold bridge finish wearing off slightly
    [​IMG]

Various small finish scratches
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Small dings on the lower edge of the bass
    [​IMG]
  2. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Very cool bass. I just got one and for the money can't be beat!
  3. Scootbass1

Scootbass1 Supporting Member

Nice player bass. Can you get a side view of the neck at the first fret? I have a SSD NS-4CR Fretless that is incredibly thin from back of the neck to fingerboard in that area compared to my Wimbish. Sad to say I prefer the thinness of the SSD over the Wimbish. :bag:
    Peace bro.
  4. Basstovsky

It feels a tiny bit thinner than my NS-2A and NS20004, through my half-assed attempt at measuring (see the ruler in the pic) looks to be around 3/4" (0.75 in) from back of neck to fingerboard, though it might be as thick as 13/16" (0.8125 in) because the way I did it with the ruler is not super accurate, I don't have calipers to measure accurately. :meh:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smadder

smadder

Awesome bass at an unbeatable price. Great TB'er to deal with as well. You want to get into the genuine Spector tone, this is it - solid brass bridge, all maple body - tone for days. Much of the cosmetic stuff can be taken care of in a refin or a professional buffing if it matter that much, but this one has been loved but still taken care of. At this price, don't let it go.
  7. Basstovsky

Thanks smadder!

In other news I will be gone until Monday, sorry to anyone who wants to hear back on any questions
  8. Scootbass1

Scootbass1 Supporting Member

:hyper:
    Excellent, all I needed to hear was that it seems thinner than your NS-2A and I knew it was the neck thickness I prefer. Sounds like it is very similar to my NS-4 fretless. Working on gathering the funds to buy this from you. However I prefer the TP with the trim pot. If I buy your bass I can handle installing the trim TP. Will contact you after the Holiday.
    Peace,
    Mike
  9. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

Gorgeous bass! GLWTS!
  10. Basstovsky

I would be fine doing the preamp swap myself because to be honest I would like to keep the old tonepump for future use if I install the new trimpot preamp in this bass. Thanks for your interest, I'll be around now that I'm back from my trip.
  11. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict

Great bass in a great color for a great price!
  12. Basstovsky

All PMs replied...
  13. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
  14. Basstovsky

Nothing solid so far, bump on up there
  15. Basstovsky

Back up for sale, won't let me edit the original post, but rest assured, PRICE DROP! Trimpot tonepump is no longer available, so it will ship with the STOCK preamp, the standard Tonepump preamp

This bass is for sale at $800 including shipping within the ConUS! Paypal only please.

Any takers? Got a new Spector inbound and I need to move this one!
  16. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Whats the serial number, How far are you from New Bedford and also what Spector do you have coming?????
  17. Basstovsky

Serial is NB1665, pretty sure it is 2002 but it is possible I am off by one year either direction.

Not sure how much farther to New Bedford, but I used to gig in Fall river and that was approx. 45 minutes drive down 195, I'm right on the border of Pawtucket,RI. For a local deal might drop the price down a bit since its not shipping.

I have an NS-X on its way to me.

Thanks for the interest Jeff!
  18. BassSurfer

BassSurfer

I bet if you took out your Spector and put it in the same location, and took pictures the blue will contrast with all that WHITE really well if you get what I'm saying :p

Glad to see you are okay though man, I have friends in NE who could not even get out of their house!!
  19. grendle

grendle Supporting Member

I have a cruise i have to pay for next month or it would be mine! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
  20. tomydacat

tomydacat

Love these what is your Nut Width out of Curiosity GLWTS BUMPPP
  21. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Buddy!
    Buddy!
    Buddy!!!:bassist::bassist::bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.