1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS 2004 Modulus Quantum 5 – Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by edking, Feb 15, 2014.

1. edking

edking Supporting Member

FS 2004 Modulus Quantum 5 – Excellent Condition

Asking $2,500 but I encourage offers and inquiries... in other words, lets make a deal!

Near mint 2004 Modulus Quantum 5. 10 years old but has all appearances of being new. Factory Specs for this bass are well known but a few specifics to this model are…

-AAAA Quilted Maple/Incredible Black Cherry Finish
    -24 frets
    -17mm string spacing
    -Phenolic fingerboard
    -Bartolini Pickups
    -New Ken Smith Strings
    -New Duracell Pro batteries
    -18v Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp with volume/pickup pan/treble cut and boost, mid-bass frequency selection with cut and boost of chosen frequency.
    -***Case has two broken latches and seriously damaged corners.

I had this bass plecked in 2009 with a slight “ramp” descending from the 12th to 24th fret. I had the "ramp" put in, as I play with a “0” relief and the “ramp” allows for lower string levels in the higher octave. Guitar players have been doing this for decades and it worked well for me. Additionally, I had the frets leveled again, 9 months ago.

Although it works incredibly well with “0” relief a slight trus-rod adjustment puts as much bow/relief into the neck as you like. I put about 1/4 turn "bow" back into it before I packed it.

I replaced two knobs with white visual for center indent pot… can be easily seen in photo. The photos show every blemish!

Asking $2,500obo. I pay shipping USPS.

Shipped in case inside cardboard box via UPS Ground or USPS. Delivery time is considered 3 to 5 days.

Images and contact info at...

http://www.edkingent.com/contact.html

2. jbassmaniac

jbassmaniac REPRESENTING THE LOW END TO NO END!

Media:
    Albums:
    Your link does not work.

3. edking

edking Supporting Member

It should work now. I posted this notice and then went about posting the photos. It took about 15 minutes so maybe you checked during that time.

I put a link on the homepage entitled "Guantum 5"

Its to the far right of that page.

4. carlis

carlis

I like the way you indicated dings with those arrows on the middle picture. :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. edking

edking Supporting Member

:meh: Yah, I hadn't used Microsoft paint in a while! Had to try though!

7. edking

edking Supporting Member

Bumping because I added some information and a quicker link to the photos.

Also, I'd like to get some bartering going on this bass.

I listed at $2,500obo because I expected someone might make a lower offer and then the games would begin! That's the way most people play the game but it never hurts to clarify ones views on the topic... I will not sell this bass for $2,000 but I will consider offers between that number and the asking price of $2500. so, lets make a deal!

Also, if you're out of the U.S. I'll gladly ship it to you at your expense.

8. edking

edking Supporting Member

O.K.... I am here by and officially asking $2,300 for this beautiful bass. I'll pay shipping in the U.S. but international buyers will have to pay for shipping.

The "mirror finish" has been maintained very well in the last 10 years and no dents, scratches or bumps etc. can be seen from a few feet back.

I'd prefer to not sell this instrument on ebay as the 10% they take cheats both the buyer and seller.

Respect!

9. edking

edking Supporting Member

Bumping as per once "every 24 hour" policy. Not deleting previous bump as I added information in that case. Cheers!!

10. edking

edking Supporting Member

Sold for $2,300!