1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: 2008 Lakland Skyline Decade w/ natural headstock

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Johnny Alien, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

2008 Lakland Skyline Decade. This is from the first run and was made in Indonesia and PLEK'd at the Lakland factory. The headstock was professionally stripped and refinished by Pat Wilkins who does the US Lakland finishes. He put the Lakland decal on at the time of refinishing so it is a stock official logo.

In very solid condition. The neck is straight, the truss rod works well and the frets are in great shape. The blocks and binding look amazing.

It was well played so there is some minor wear. Some minor belt buckle wear as shown in the photo and some small dings on the edge of the headstock. Those are very minor but I want to call out as much as I can. The largest blemish is a din on the body about the size of a dime. It can be seen in the photo below. It also has the standard small finish crack near the neck pocket. I have seen this on almost every Decade photographed. It is a finish crack only.

It weighs between 9 and 9.5 pounds. Has brand new DR Sunbeams installed. Currently has chrome flat top knobs but it will ship with the original knobs.

It will ship with a Fender deluxe gig bag. $850 (OBO) shipped in the US.

No trades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Johnny Alien

I also have a Roadrunner burgundy gig bag if you prefer. It has some extra pockets but I think the Fender has better padding which is why I chose to include that one.

3. Johnny Alien

Got a few questions about this...These are the single coil Chi-Sonics (which from what I am told is THE way to go on the Decade).

4. RumbleBeeAL

RumbleBeeAL

These decades with Single ChiSonics are sweet basses.

If you are on the fence, jump on this bass deal - no need to worry. Johnny is a stand up guy, great communicator, I have dealt with several times and would do so again.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Johnny Alien

Thanks, Gordon.

Feel free to make offers. I am not firm on the price.

7. Johnny Alien

8. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Are you crazy Johnny?

What a price!

This is the only skyline decade with a natural head stock.....these sound killer!

9. irvinz

irvinz

Disclosures:
    has too much gas
    Man. I should have gotten my gear on the for sale market earlier so I could justify getting this!!

10. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

$750? Oh snap. PM Sent.

11. Johnny Alien

On hold pending payment.

12. RumbleBeeAL

RumbleBeeAL

Congrats to you both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.