1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: 2009 USA Lakland "Duck Dunn" P bass in Olympic white w/matching headstock

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SactoBass, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

I do this. I buy stuff, keep it for a while (in my non-smoking home) without using it, and then turn around and sell it. It’s a disease I guess. My wife just smiles and shakes her head, but I suppose there are worse habits for a 57 year old guy to have, eh? Well, here we have a 2009 USA Lakland "Duck Dunn" P bass in vintage Olympic white with a matching white headstock, a red tort pickguard, chrome hardware, and an alder body. The Duck Dunn model has a comfy 1.5" nut width (jazz bass sized), quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement bars, white neck binding, white pearl block fret markers, and an East Indian rosewood fretboard. The serial number is DD#20. This is the real deal. There are not many like it.

The pickup is the passive vintage Hansen P bass pickup that USA Lakland uses, and the controls are volume and tone. The neck is ultra-smooth and the bass plays like butter! The neck is straight and the action is nice and low. The bass weighs 9 pounds 2 ounces. I have played bass (as a hobby) for 41 years, and this is one of the nicest P basses I have ever played. It is so comfortable and easy to play. The original Lakland white tolex hardshell case is included. The case has some marks and scuffs, but all latches and hinges work perfectly. This is the original "red-lined interior" case from Lakland, which are somewhat rare.

I'm not in a band, and I don't get together to jam with guys. I just buy stuff, stare at it for a while, and then turn around and sell it. I think it's a mid-life crisis thing. I probably played this bass for five minutes total, no joke. The only thing I added was the rosewood thumbrest. I didn't want to drill holes in such a high end bass for the thumbrest, so I epoxied the thumbrest onto the pickguard and I cut the screws that came with the thumbrest and epoxied the upper half of the screws in the thumbrest holes. This means, if you don't want a thumbrest, you can just swap out the pickguard with a new pickguard, and voila, just like new with no holes left behind in the body!

This bass is void of any major dings. There are some indents, not past the finish, on the back of the bass, but do not photograph well. The headstock is clean, you can tell that this bass has been well taken care of.

This very bass was once owned by Neon Trees bassist Branden Campbell, and can be seen being played live in this video clip:

For those of you who are familiar with USA Lakland basses, you know that they sell new for around $3500. I'm looking for $2250 shipped CONUS. I accept Paypal.

No trades. I'm not taking any trades because I am cashing out some of my music gear to buy a BMW motorcycle. That is the ONLY reason I am selling this awesome bass. I can't afford to have both (wish I could!)

All items sold "as is". No warranty expressed or implied. No returns.

I’m the trustworthy type, with 100% positive feedback on TB, and over 100 feedbacks on the ‘bay, all 100% positive.

Click on the pics to enlarge......

Attached Files:

2. SactoBass

More pics...

Attached Files:

3. SactoBass

Two more pics...

Attached Files:

4. SactoBass

And more pics...

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SactoBass

Pics pics......

Attached Files:

7. SactoBass

A couple more pics.....

Attached Files:

8. SactoBass

Case pics......

Attached Files:

9. drums1977

drums1977

THAT is a beauty. A shame you dont want a 1974 fretless PBass...

10. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier. Gold Supporting Member

11. SactoBass

Thank you Drums and Sanwin for those kind words! I really appreciate that!

USA Lakland necks are, IMHO, the best in the biz! So smooooooove.

12. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier!

Disclosures:
    Branden Campbell
    I heard that Neon Trees guy is a hack! And that he might want buy his old bass back!

13. Thor2

Thor2 Supporting Member

That clip of you playing posted in the add is outstanding! You and the bass sound great!:bassist:

14. SactoBass

Whoa! Do I really have *THE* Branden Campbell posting in my ad thread??? 'Tis an honor, good sir!

(And btw, if you are a hack, then I would be petrified to post in a public forum what *I* am as a bassist! LOL!)

This Lakie is one of the nicest basses I have ever owned. And it sounds fantastic.

TB'ers: attached are a couple more pics of the headstock in better lighting (those other "indoor lighting" pics I posted looked a bit dark to me).

The backside pic really shows the quartersawn grain.

Click on pics to enlarge......

Attached Files:

15. Mrfstop

Mrfstop Supporting Member

Looks like a great bass! I could not agree more with you about US Lakland necks. IMO, The BEST!
    glwts!

16. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Somebody buy this before I do. Then I'll never get my dingwall. You don't have a dingwall for sale too?

17. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

West Grove Pa (via the Northside of the 'Burg!)
    Wow!
    Wish I had the cash

18. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Why did you sell the bass? Just part of the gear-go-round? I found more videos of the bass on youtube and I think it sounds great.

19. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

This bass was also owned by another famous bassist...me. Okay, so I'm not famous...but I did have my picture taken with Bart Starr when I was 11 (quite a thrill).

Great bass...great seller...you will not be disappointed.

20. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

I've sold more than my fair share of amazing basses...that I didn't really dislike...that's just how things go on the TB musical chairs ;)

Speaking of, Brandon: buy it back! I love buying back basses I've sold before :hyper:

21. SactoBass

Thanks guys for the kind words!

All PM's have been responded to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.