1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS 2012 Rickenbacker 4004 Cii TVY/BH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rickenbass, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Rickenbass

Rickenbass Supporting Member

Here is the one you all thought you'd never see for sale. It's a "one off" 4004 Cii in TVY with black hardware. The finish is more like a trans yellow and TV yellow. It's got walnut headstock wings as well as a 50's sourced hunk of the blackest ebony you'll ever see on a fretboard! According to J. Hall, this was the last of the 4002 sourced fret boards in bass length that was in the shop for decades.

The instrument is flawless!! No chips, scratches, dents or marks whatsoever!!. It's never been gigged! I switched the controls to a VVT with push pull pots for coil tapping but the original harness will be included with the bass, which is a snap to re-install if you wished. The bass will be shipped in the same vintage re-issue black & silver tolex case and the same factory shipping box it was sent to me in. The harness was crafted by Dane Wilder.

According to Mr. Hall, RIC made two of these. One went to a "famous musician, Mike Mills" and they other was auctioned, which I won.

You won't ever see Mill's bass up for sale, so this is the only other TVY 4004 that you will ever be able to get your hands on.

The price is $3,700. plus shipping via Fed. Ex. Shipping will be the exact price it costs me and I'll let you know what it is once I have your address.

Why am I selling her? I never play her. As most of you know, I've been playing my Spectors more in my bands and to have her sitting around, un-played, is a shame. She could probably use a new fresh set of strings, but other than that, she needs nothing!!

Attached Files:

• #07.jpg
      #07.jpg
      File size:
      81.3 KB
      Views:
    • #10.jpg
      #10.jpg
      File size:
      207.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Rickenbass

More fotos.

Attached Files:

• #11.jpg
      #11.jpg
      File size:
      199.1 KB
      Views:
    • #08.jpg
      #08.jpg
      File size:
      81 KB
      Views:
  3. Rickenbass

4. Rickenbass

Mike Mills, you know the bass player for REM?? If you've wanted to have the same instrument that anyone from REM owns, this is the exact twin to Mill's bass! The were most likely built side by side.

Sepp

5. Register to disable this ad