1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS:2013 Fender Limited Edition 66 Jazz MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassman8416, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Hey Folks this is a repost for my 4 month old 2013 Fender Limited Edition 66 Jazz Bass. I was going to keep the bass because it feels amazing and sound amazing especially with the new Nordy NJ4's that I had installed. Fact of the matter is I'm an active electronics guy. This cost $1150 in the box, the SKB softshell case cost just under $100 and the Nordys came out to like $200 installed. Paint blemish on 15th fret from factory(pic) and crack in finish on rear plate, picture looks worse than it does in person. Luthier checked everything, all solid and good to go...straight neck nice action.
    $900 Shipped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. faulknersj

faulknersj Gold Supporting Member

I just bought one of these.....and I am seriously smitten to the point that my Custom Shop Jazz has been staying home while this gets all the love lately. The build quality is amazing (notice how the strings go dead center between the pole pieces of the pickups) and mine sets up to play like butter. The stock pickups are ceramic and have a bigger longer wind apparently which explains the big tight low end (but not boomy AT ALL) on these basses. Mine does a P-Bass with the Neck and J-Bass growl with the bridge as well as any J-Bass i have played...and it sounds incredible when I have to slappa da bass many. I'm curious....could you describe how the Nordy's change the tone?
  3. Bassman8416

I just notice more presence. The lows are clearer as well as the mids and upper range. that being said the originals were nice.
  4. faulknersj

Thank you for the response...i might drop in some different pups for fun....i do on most of my basses just to see how they affect the tone...but i really like the sound of these Fender Japan Single coils. Cheers!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

These have vintage frets?
  7. Bassman8416

TTT!!! Not sure about"vintage frets"
  8. headband

headband Supporting Member

An original '66 jazz bass has medium jumbo frets, not the smaller vintage frets that are found on the '64. I have been interested in one of these (love the matching headstock) but have hesitated due to the fret edges. They don't appear to be finished like the original '66. On my original '66 (and my '69) the fret edges end right at the binding and are tapered flat so that they are at the same height as the binding, giving the neck a nice smooth feel - very comfortable on your hand. In your photo they appear to overlap the binding, and that has a very different feel when playing. It is hard to tell in the photos, so I have hesitated to buy sight unseen. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful bass! GLWTS
  9. el basso

el basso Supporting Member

"these are awesome" bump
  10. faulknersj

The fret work on mine is phenomenal imo....a super super comfortable jazz neck. Mine has been getting the love lately...while the 73 Jazz and Custom Classic jazz stay home.
  11. headband

headband Supporting Member

I'm sure the fretwork is good. I have a MIJ Fender and it is one of the best made basses I own. Fit and finish is flawless. The pickups were weak and I replaced them and now it roars.
    My comment about the frets was not about the quality of what was done, only that it appears to be different from an original '66. Whether or not you like that difference is purely personal. Enjoy your bass!
  12. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

13. JeffplaysBass

All yours! :bassist:
  14. faulknersj

Chuck....if you are buying this congrats! I am blown away with mine...smitten even...I have a lot of really nice basses...Custom Shops, vintage basses....I haven't put this down yet..
  15. Bassman8416

16. faulknersj

Congrats to whomever purchased this!
  17. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

I see this is sold, but just wanted to say I have one and it's amazing. The neck is comfy, the fretwork and the binding makes this truly a joy to play.
  18. JeffplaysBass

Awesome News!!!:bassist::bassist::bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.