1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: '81 Aria Pro II RSB-600 (RevSound Bass)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alembic83, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Hi, I've got another cool Matsumoku era Aria Pro II for sale. This one is a 1981 RSB-600! $525 shipped anywhere (that EMS allows!) from Japan.

This is a well played RevSound and it shows its 33 years of rockin' on this planet. It has many dings, dents, chips, cracks in the finish (these may need tending to as they will continue to flake if you're not careful), and fret wear. The headstock veneer and the laminate at the top of the headstock looks like it has a tiny bit of separation starting, too.

The good news is that it plays and sounds great (I'll try and get some sound clips). These sound just like an SB-700 or SB R60. The main difference between this and an SB-700 is the 4 in line "Fender-ish" headstock and the oval inlays. The controls (vol., tone, series/parallel switch), brass nut and bridge, rosewood fretboard, maple/walnut laminate neck, ash body, and solid craftsmanship are all the same as the SB-700 models.

The neck profile is more like an SB1000/SB700 in that it has the wide nut width (45mm) and narrow string spacing. It's a pretty chunky neck but feels comfortable to me. The bass is about 10 lbs according to my scale...It's not a lightweight.

When I got the bass, the tone pot was missing so I had a spare SB-700 pot wired in. Also, the knobs are Jazz bass style replacements but do the job. I replaced all of the saddle screws (with Fender branded screws) and the bridge and back-cover screws as they were all stripped or in very bad shape. Everything else appears to be original. I will ship the bass in the cheap vinyl gig bag that it came with.

Right now it's strung up with some brand new D'Addario 45-105 nickel rounds and ready to go...

BTW, I still have my red SB-700 for sale, too.

Thanks!
    All photos can be seen here:
    http://s26.photobucket.com/user/AriaProII/library/Aria Pro II RSB-600 - 109092?sort=2&page=1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Bump for a Great ARIA-Monger to deal with!

3. Alembic83

Thanks MaddAnthony! I've never been described as an Aria Monger but I think that's very appropriate!!

St. Paddy's day bump!

4. Alembic83

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Alembic83

Last bump and price drop before eBay - $450 shipped via EMS!

7. Alembic83

Bump - $425 shipped, EMS!

8. circuitspore

circuitspore

How bad is the fret wear?

9. Alembic83

Hi, there is some fret wear. No buzzes, though.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 2b4gotton

2b4gotton

Hi im new to this site, how do i private message you and all that good stuff, im so confused as to what to do

11. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

click on his name and a box will come up. Hit "start a conversation", and thats pretty much it!

12. Alembic83

Bass is sold! Thanks

13. 2b4gotton

2b4gotton

I'm the lucky guy!! I'm so ganna love this bass.