1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: '91 Ampeg SVT-II nonpro w/Berg NV610 SACRAMENTO AREA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by SactoBass, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Local sale only! No shipping. I am located in the Sacramento area of California.

I do this. I buy stuff, keep it for a while (in my non-smoking home) without using it, and then turn around and sell it, usually at a loss. It’s a disease I guess. My wife just smiles and shakes her head, but I suppose there are worse habits for a 57 year old guy to have, eh? Well, here we have a 1991 Ampeg SVT-II non-pro all-tube 300-watt amp in a custom case made specifically for SVT-II amps, and a Bergantino NV610 cab (the newer tolex version, not the older carpet version).

I had my tube amp tech (Shane Manning at Tubesonic in Sacramento) go through the entire amp in 2013. He checked all caps, circuit components, and solder points. He also tested all of the tubes (he is very thorough). He also replaced the tube resistors with ferrite beads (something recommended by an Ampeg service bulletin for SVT-II non-pro amps). The bill came to $198.60 including parts and labor (plus the $65 diagnostic fee). The amp now has a 100% clean bill of health and is "good to go" for years to come.

The Berg NV610 is the perfect match for this amp. This bass rig is an absolute tone monster! And it is powerful enough to peel the flesh off of your face if you aren't careful with the volume knob. I always wanted a bass rig like this, which is why I bought it. Now that it's been sitting here in my room (I never gigged it), I have realized that it is simply too much amp for me. I have been playing bass (as a hobby) for over 40 years, and this rig is one of the best sounding bass amp rigs I have ever heard. Tube tone for days!

For those of you "in the know", the "non-pro" version of the SVT-II is the more desirable version, as it sounds closest to the early 70's vintage Ampeg SVTs.

As a bonus, I will throw in a top-of-the-line 10-gauge Silverflex 3-foot speaker cable that has a gold 1/4" connector at one end (that plugs into the SVT amp), and a Speakon connector at the other end (to plug into the Berg cab). It's shown in the pics. This cable (that cost $50) is the perfect speaker cable for this bass rig (or any bass rig, for that matter!) These are the absolute best speaker cables available. I will also include the owner's manual for the amp.

Local pick-up only. If you happen to be located in the San Francisco Bay area, I would be happy to meet you half way in Vacaville to deliver the rig to you.

This sale is for the entire rig (amp plus cab). I set up the sale this way because I prefer to sell the amp and cab together as a complete rig. I am open to selling the two items separately, $900 for the cab and $1100 for the amp.

My asking price for the entire rig is $1800 local sale only. I am aware that you might be able to find SVT-II non-pro's for less, but in most cases the amp hasn't been on a tech bench for years (if ever), and the condition of those amps are less than desirable (many have face plates that are all scratched up). The SVT-II non-pro that I am selling has a face plate in excellent condition (which is rare), and is ready to go on stage right now and be played for years to come without any electrical issues, along with the best bass cab in the business! Bergs are the best! (And I love the tilt-back wheels on the NV610).

No trades. All items sold "as is". No warranty expressed or implied. No returns.

I’m the trustworthy type, with 100% positive feedback on TB, and over 100 feedbacks on the ‘bay, all 100% positive.

Click on the pics to enlarge......

Attached Files:

2. SactoBass

More pics...

Attached Files:

3. SactoBass

Two more pics...

Attached Files:

4. SactoBass

Still more pics...

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SactoBass

One more pic, plus the 2013 tech invoice...

Attached Files:

7. EduardoK

EduardoK Gold Supporting Member

Wow, just beautiful...

8. NickCressotti

NickCressotti Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    One of my favorites!! GLWTS

9. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    You will regret selling the SVT2! Hard to find non-pros! I will never sell mine!

10. SactoBass

Thanks Eduardo, Nick, and Dred for those nice comments! I really appreciate it!

And yes Dred, you are correct about the non-pro SVT-II. It is "da bomb!" At my age of 57, the 80 pound weight of the SVT-II is a bit too much for me, even with Motrin! :crying:

To be honest, I bought this rig just to have it. Okay, I've had it. Now it's time to sell it to someone who will actually play it! (I do this alot......no joke......I just buy stuff just to have it for a while, and I usually sink money into it to get everything perfect, then I turn around and sell it). Oh well. It keeps me from getting bored.

11. NickCressotti

Media:
    Albums:
    Already have one but if I lived closer I would buy this in a second!!

12. NickCressotti

Media:
    Albums:
    In fact, I'm moving to Seattle next year. If you don't sell it by then I'll drive down and take it off your hands.

13. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

I bet this rig would just kill with a Rickenbacker 4003 or V63!

14. SactoBass

Thanks Nick. I believe it will sell well before you move to Seattle! :eek:

15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

If God played bass, this would be the rig.

16. SactoBass

LOL! I must admit, this rig does indeed sound heavenly! And it will shake the fillings out of your teeth and rupture your spleen if you're not careful with that volume knob! :eek:

17. herrdruhl

herrdruhl craft beer mega-consumer Supporting Member

18. SactoBass

Girthy, massive, tube tone bump!

19. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

If you decide to split them up I may be interested in the cab bump!

20. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

21. jamminology101

jamminology101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Man that is THE rig...I have visited this page more than once just to look at it. I wish you lived in the Midwest, id drive over tomorrow to pick it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.