1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Acoustic 126 Combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Gaolee, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

0   0   0

Asking $250.

The amp is in Seattle. I have had it since it was a few months old, and it has needed a couple repairs over the years, but that's it. No failures, it just sounded a little ratty a couple times. It has been used most recently as a weekly practice rig, but it is time for it to go to somebody who will use it harder than I will. It has a single 15" speaker and about 125 watts of power, although that's deceptive. It keeps up just fine in most settings without issue. There are scuffs on the Tolex as you would expect but it has somehow escaped the obligatory cigarette burn. I don't smoke and never did. Everything works. It is in very good cosmetic shape. It could use a bit of cleaning, and it has a "used" sticker on the faceplate that has been there since about 1981 when I got it. I thought that was amusing, so I left it there. It is in the practice space, so if you want pictures, it will probably be Wednesday. Otherwise, if you find a picture of a 126 on the internet, that's what it looks like. It has also been used for vocals. I suppose it would work for a keyboard, but I haven't tried that.

I'm not particularly interested in shipping it, but if you want to pay for shipping, I'll do that. Shipping will probably more than double the price. It is what it is, and if it doesn't sell, it will continue to do practice amp duty. If you are interested, send me a PM and we can work out details. I am also open to trades. Oddball music stuff always gets my attention. It just has to be much smaller than this amp.
  2. Gaolee

0   0   0

By the way, in case it wasn't clear, this is a 1981 Acoustic Control Corporation bass combo.
  3. Gaolee

0   0   0

Bump - it has wheels, so it only destroys your back if you have to haul it up and down the stairs. The factory was smart enough to put them there and I have been careful enough with this amp that they never got damaged. So, they are fully functional. It's a rare and valuable feature on a bass amp, and I'm sure the wheels are an outstanding contributor to its vintage solid state tone. Nothing but the finest vintage OEM transistors in this baby! That's why I'm asking the outrageous premium price for it.
  4. Gaolee

0   0   0

And, it is back up for sale in case anybody wants a combo amp that sounds more like a 370 than a 320 or 360.
  5. Gaolee

0   0   0

I'm open to offers. It should be used.