1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Aguilar DB750...SOLD!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by thejumpcat, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat Supporting Member

SOLD!!! Gonna miss this bad boy.

I've been wanting an Ampeg B100R for quite some time, and there is one for sale by me for a good price. I'm also eyeing a REDDI box.

Of course, as always, the only way I can afford new gear is to off another. In this case, it's the beastly Aguilar DB750.

This one comes with a Telefunken preamp tube (smooth plate; second version) in the V1 position; a fairly pricey upgrade but a dramatic improvement in opening up the sound (clearer highs, punchier mids, tighter bass). Two tubes are Sovteks; the fourth is an Electro Harmonix.

I'll also include four brand new, never used tubes (three Mullard 12AX7s and one EH 12AU7) as well as the four mentioned above.

It has the rounded chrome handles and rack ear faceplate, the manual and power cord.

$1,295 shipped in the CONUS; save shipping and pick it up near Detroit.

No trades, please.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Accepts 2, 4, and 8 ohm loads
    Tuner Out with Mute
    Self-Diagnostic Protection Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection Circuit (both with LED Indicators)
    Short Circuit Protection
    Power Output: 750 watts @ 4 ohms, 975 watts @ 2 ohms.
    Preamp Section: Three 12AX7s and one 12AU7
    Power Section: 12 complimentary lateral MOSFETs
    Transformers: Custom Aguilar toroidal power transformer.
    EQ Section: Tube-driven shelving type treble (+/ - 12dB @4kHz), mid (+/ - 12dB @ 400Hz), and bass (+/ - 12dB @ 40Hz) controls.
    Deep Switch: Adds 3db of broad-band boost at 30 Hz.
    Bright Switch: A passive RC pre-emphasis circuit at 5-7 kHz.
    Effects Loop: Send pot is push/pull for line or instrument level; return pot is push/pull for parallel or series operation.
    Inputs: One 1/4" input jack with an active/passive switch. One 1/4" power amp input.
    Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs, one Jenson XLR balanced output (-32dB pre- and post-EQ) with a ground lift switch, and one 1/4" jack preamp output.
    Cooling: High quality whisper fan
    Power Requirement: 100, 120, 230 VAC 50 - 60 Hz
    Dimensions: 19" W x 14" D x 5.25" H
    Rack Size: Three Spaces
    Weight: 43 lbs

QUOTES FROM PLAYERS (mostly here on TB):

"It really is an awesome amp. If I went pro and had a roadie toadie to carry it for me that's the amp I'd pick"

"The tonal characteristics of the DB750 are like an SVT on steroids. . ."

"If you are more oriented toward big, fat, tube like tone, the DB750 seems hard to beat.. . .the DB750 is a HAMMER. . ."

". . .the girth/power is addicting. It kills both other amps and hard to explain unless you try one. . . Being an engineer by day myself I really appreciate it from a design, build, and quality standpoint."

". . .as much as the DB750 seems to sell, and fast, they are re-bought by the same seller."

"Ah... but that 'wallop' is what makes the DB750 so special!"

". . .what really makes the 750 rock is that absolutely unlimited well of power under each note."

"I use the DB750 because I am addicted to the extra headroom. . ."

"The DB750 is hard to beat as an amp... yes it's heavy, yes it has limited eq. BUT the combination is an incredible amp."

"I feel the 750 is a true classic and just oozes class and quality."

". . .it's just hard hitting, big and thick. . ."

"I owned and sold a DB750 and if given the chance I would very much purchase another."

"One commonly known phenomenon surrounding that head is that it often gets sold off by someone only to eventually be re-bought."

"It's super-balsy and punchy. . ."

"When we look back at all of this in 10-20 years, the DB750 will be a landmark amp."

"The DB750 is a really great amp."

"I do think the DB750 is the best hybrid on the market."

". . .the DB750 is absolutely the most reliable bullet proof pound it out for 5 hours straight amp I ever owned."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat Supporting Member

another pic

Attached Files:

3. MarkW

MarkW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.