FS: Aguilar TH500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Big String, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

For Sale only: Aguilar TH500
    $540.00 shipped Conus only. Pay Pal accepted.

Original box and packing from Aguilar.

I bought this amp on TB about a month ago. Its very cool amp but I have a couple other micro amps I like better. The amp had very low hours on it and I only took it out of my house once to a rehearsal. Works perfectly. Try it out you may love it.

Thanks for looking !
  2. Big String

more pics.

Attached Files:

3. Austinl83

Austinl83

4. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Previously Stage 2 Gold Supporting Member

I PM'd you to buy. I am also in experimental search mode so I am buying and trying and then selling what is not "it." What are the micro amps you tried that you like better? What is it about those amps that you prefer sound/tone wise? What cabinet(s) do you run? I figure this info might be helpful to other TBers as well and you can let it fly since I am buying your Tone Hammer 500 to try it out regardless.

Thanks
  7. Big String

I've had a Markbass f-1 for a few years now and its not the "it amp" for me it is so tiny and a great back up. I also have a GK Mb fusion 800 that I'm still trying to fall in love with. I do like the extra power of this amp but 'for me' its finicky with my cab (Baer ML112), but this cab likes the extra watts.

The TH500 also sounded good to me and I could achieve a good clean sound with it's nice vintage sounding voice. It also has a nice interactive tone controls which takes a little learning. I do very much like the tone of this amp although IMO the other amps mentioned have more of the tones etc. that I like with my cab. There are quite a few TB'rs that use the TH500 with the Baer ML112 and love it so its just my taste I guess. I never did play this amp or the GK on gig yet so I'm sure that I'm not getting all they can do where its most important. I have also been trying different amps the last 6-7 weeks thats why I have three right now. A reason why I love TB is being able to find just about anything you want instead of buying brand new all the time. Of course TB get the g.a.s stirred up too. Hope my reply helps.

Do take a little time if you have not already and read some of the very useful posts on how the TH500's eq actually works and "interacts" with the other controls. Its nicely sensitive and a little goes a long way. Here is a link that helped me. Ken Jung really understands this amp. There are other that have very helpful posts also. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/a...w-thread-2-a-837421/index52.html#post13603886

Who knows I may end up with another sometime because I didn't hate or dislike the TH500 at all. Great amp for sure.
  8. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Previously Stage 2 Gold Supporting Member

Outstanding. Thank you for taking the time.
  9. Big String

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.