1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Alembic Epic 1994 Walnut w/case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Twocan, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

SOLD

1994 Alembic Epic with walnut top, mahogany body, three piece maple neck and ebony finger board. This is very light for an Alembic (about 9.2 lbs on my bathroom scale), and plays with a cleaness that only comes from an Alembic - it's like a Jazz Bass on Claritin. All original. Excellent shape. Controls are volume, pan, bass and treble. Dual truss rod. Includes soft case that is in fair condition (no issues - just older), but protects the instrument well.

The ergonomics on these basses are excellent - well balanced and the thing practically plays itself.

In full disclosure, the cold/dry winter we've had in MI this year has resulted in a little fret sprout off the sides of the ebony board (this shrinkage is fairly common with ebony and George Castanza, and it has already started to get better with the change in weather). I expect this to return to normal soon, but you could always address it (filing) if desired. It wasn't enough to bother me at all, but I don't like to hide any details.

I am only selling this bass because I recently purchased an Essence and three Alembics is one too many for my marriage -oops, I mean "needs." No trades please.
    image (19).jpg
    case.jpg
    $1,299 shipped cont USA.

Haven't heard one before? Check this out

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

3. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

4. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

For anyone interested in the bass, I'd be happy to show it/play it for you over Facetime or Skype.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. malthumb

malthumb Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Bump for a fellow DBP Alembician

7. Pokerstar

Pokerstar Supporting Member

Media:
    Son of a...... I JUST purchased a Fender Select Jazz this week, I would LOVE this bass..... Ah well, consider this a jealousy bump! :) Good luck with the sale. :)

8. BaileyMan

BaileyMan

Great sounding bass and great playing in your link!

I would love to add another Alembic to my arsenal. I have a 5 string fretless orion with a walnut top. Your fretted 4 would look great next to it. Unfortunately, I don't have money for basses right now... :-(

Someone will be getting a great bass!

9. azflyman

azflyman

That's a nice bass and sounds just like an alembic should. It will cut through the mix like buttah and play like it too.

10. circuitspore

circuitspore

What is the neck like? Nut width, last fret width, fretboard radius, etc?

11. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

12. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

I can ship as late as Wed this week; at which point the listing will have to go down for a while.

13. Pokerstar

Pokerstar Supporting Member

Media:
    Where in Michigan are you located? Do you have any pics of the back of the bass? Ay buckle rash? Thanks!

14. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

image.jpg

Here's a close up of the back - great shape. I'm is SE Michigan.

15. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member