1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Alembic F1-X Tube Preamp very clean

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by duke2004, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Alembic F1-X with maybe 1.5 or less years on it. I am the only owner, bought approx 1999. Shortly thereafter I picked up a second one which i ended up using more because it was already beat up by previous owner. No longer keeping two of my favorite stuff, so here she is. The only marks are very minor scuffing on the bottom and usual marks where rack screws meet the rack holes. Still with original tube and still sounds killer. $475 shipped insured.

Attached Files:

2. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

3. SactoBass

Payment sent! (and Duke confirmed receipt of payment).

Cool. I have always wanted one of these!
  4. duke2004

Looks like its headed home (California that is)!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    ...and yet another preamp thread still open after it's sold... this is frustrating
  7. duke2004

It is frustrating especially if you choose not to read the posts.
    I keep the thread open until such time as the buyer receives the parcel and is sure the device works property etc.
  8. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

Not to start a dispute, but I agree on the basis that the purpose and function of the feedback system provides a venue for comments after delivery of the sold item.

I always close my threads after a sale is made as a courtesy to all the TB'ers who are looking for the same item I just sold. I think that is the purpose of the "CLOSE THREAD" function but I was not on the ground floor when this website was envisioned so I can't lay claim to knowing what the original intention was.

Anyway, nice pre-amp. I was keeping an eye peeled for one is great shape such as yours and I was also disappointed (not upset) that this thread wasn't closed. Just some FYI from a fellow TB'er. Peace out.
  9. duke2004

Preamp received by the Buyer safely and thus thread closed. Thanks!
  10. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Interesting. I wasn't asking for reasons or excuses, I was making a statement. I didn't expect it to be followed by hoity smarminess by the OP.

And as for the "thus thread closed" comment (how cute).... um, obviously not. Here's another reply, a day and night later.

Have a day!
  11. Doug Parent

(you need to go into the edit function and select the "close thread" button to actually close the thread)
  12. bassfreakah

bassfreakah Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    sweet pre!!!!!! and good argument!!!!!
  13. Vakmere

Vakmere

Keep the thread open. Nothing like poking rthe bees nest. hahahahahah
  14. bassfreakah

bassfreakah Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    I never knew this preamp had a ic chip in the signal path. totally kills it for me. anyone have any info on this?
  15. jmac

jmac

Open threads for sold items annoy me too, but it is funny that the first post to comment on it came from someone with minus feedback. lol.
  16. SactoBass

Well, since this thread is still open, and TB'ers are having some fun with that, I thought I would take this opportunity to provide two comments as I am the person who bought the F-1X from Duke2004.

Comment 1: if any of you see Duke2004 selling something, you can absolutely trust him to provide you with a quality item. My transaction with him went perfectly, and he packaged this preamp to easily withstand a drop into the Grand Canyon. You will have no worries when transacting with Duke2004. I can see why he has a feedback rating of 73! He is an upstanding TB'er and a really nice guy.

Comment 2: I have been playing bass for 41 years, and this is the first time I have had an F-1X. My first response when I plugged it in and played through it was WOW! This thing not only has great tube tone, but it has enough low end to knock down buildings! (and yes, I know about it having the Fender tone stack with 2-10-2 being relatively flat EQ).

I'm not sure why Duke2004 has chosen to not close this thread yet, but whatever his reason is, I'm glad for it because it has afforded me the opportunity to provide my two comments to the TB community.
  17. Bass Thunder

Bass Thunder

Good one (or 2)!
  18. Doug Parent

Nice comments. I enjoyed my F1X as well, regret selling it.

19. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

+1
  20. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

By the way, nice job on the Dead covers!
  21. duke2004

Well, seems there is a lot of love for these units and who wants to shut down the party with the keg still flowin'. Thread closed:bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.