1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS - All-Original '05 Hoppus in Surf Green

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by goldenglory18, Dec 16, 2012.

1. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    All,

Up for grabs is a near-mint, 2005 Mark Hoppus Signature in Surf Green. Plays well and sounds excellent with that ever popular Fender P growl. Action is set a little high per my aggressive playing style. The only defect I can see is the paint in the neck pocket is starting to separate from the body. Nothing that can be seen with the bass fully assembled. FWIW, This bass has been through hell and back and has spent some time on a luthiers workbench to work on the neck. Today, it plays just as it should.

The ONLY trade I will even entertain is a MIA P with maple board. I can add cash to even things out.

S/N: MZ505****

Sound clip link

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$450 shipped, neck off. $475 shipped complete in a nicer gig bag. $500 if you want it in a hard case. I prefer a USPS money order as payment. PM me for details.

Also available is a matching Fender Delonge Strat. I'll sell both together for $800. PM with request for details on the guitar. :D

[​IMG]

Delonge Pics - http://s182.beta.photobucket.com/user/goldenglory18/library/Guitars/Delonge Strat Password is "talkbass"

2. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Bump.

I'd love to sell both of these together. If you've got a young'n that's interested in learning, this is a great place to start....

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Bump for a great bass at a great price! If I wasn't so deathly afraid of what my wife would do to me, I'd snap this thing up!

4. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Thanks Phalex!

She surely has that P growl thing down, and even gets a great finger playing thump in when properly set-up for it.

If any of you guys have kids that are interested in the whole alternative/punk thing, this matching set would keep them satisfied for a long while....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    7 page back bump.

I may be interested in trading these (one, both or whatever) for a Mesa Walkabout, Aguilar TH500 or another similar amp....

7. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Bump for update:

The bass in no longer "All-Original" as I have upgraded the bridge to a Fender American Deluxe unit, and mounted it with three #8 NON FENDER stainless screws. It now has the option to be strung through the bridge only. Good for you flats guys...

[​IMG]

8. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    12 page back (holy crap there are a lot of basses for sale) bump.

9. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Hoppus Fender Bass - $450 shipped neck off. $475 shipped complete in a nicer gig bag. $500 if you want it in a (scrappy, but fully functional) hard case.

Delonge Fender Strat- $325 shipped neck off. $350 shipped complete in a (scrappy) Fender gig bag.

PM me for offers or details on both. I'll cut a deal to sell both together......

10. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Bumpity bump.

How does $800 shipped for both in cases or $700 shipped as cheaply as possible sound?????

No? Then make me an offer!

11. goldenglory18

goldenglory18

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    ....and it went for a steal locally. I sold the bass and strat together for $660.