1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Alleva Coppolo LG4 Custom Surf Green w/ Matching Headstock

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Orlan, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Orlan

Orlan

Hi guys,

Up for Sale is my Alleva Coppolo LG4 Custom.

4 Strings

Alder body (light weight, really comfy to play)

Maple neck, gloss finish

Surf green with matching headstock (Poly finish)

Inidan Rosewood Fretboard (a nice dark piece of it )

Pearl blocks inlays and white binding

Alleva Coppolo J pickups (60's position)

Alleva Coppolo 2 Band Pre-amp, Push and pull active-passive knob

Vintage Bridge

Hipshot Vintage Turners

White Parchment Pickguard with thumb rest (tug bar) and pickup cover holes made by Jimmy Coppolo to give the ultimate history period look as I order this bass inpired on '66 jazz basses that's why all these little details and features

Bass is mint, inmaculate condition only used in studio and practice (for me) and was never ever gigged in any way. Not a scratch, dings or stains... even has the very same smell it came with from Jimmy's Shop. It was a very well take care of instrument and I have been the only owner.

Comes with a fender hardcase (new)

4500 $ (shipping included)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. nozkcb

nozkcb Supporting Member

WOW!!

Bump.
  3. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

so awesome...
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Gah these are so cool!!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. morebassbaby

morebassbaby Spector Club member #379 Supporting Member

Oh these basses are so perfect! Whoever gets this will be truly happy! I have an LG5 identical to the bass on the left in the first picture. For me it's a lifer!
  7. tonybassboss

tonybassboss Supporting Member

Bump for sister 70's A/C bass! [​IMG]
  8. Orlan

Orlan

Thanks guys! Indeed is a beautiful bass both sound and look... Whoever gets it will be just foaming in the mouth with happiness heheh.

I just sell it as I'm saving money for my master's degree and moving to another country next year...Not a easy thing.

It's (one) of my dreams basses, really. Hard to let it go...this bass was a real custom order for me as I loved a 66 jazz bass I played once and just tried to have it with this Alleva. Jimmy is an artist and just nailed it...It has that vibe for tons (not so much in your face sparkling sound as a 70 jazz could be, but being really warm and smooth sounding you can also have that strong midrange sound with personality and presence)
  9. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

I open this thread with each bump. Never have I been so close to doing something completely irrational ;)
  10. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

That is killer!
  11. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Me want but me can't. :meh:
  12. Zentner

Zentner Supporting Member

Probably the best Alleva Coppolo I've seen. That is absolutely sex. I love surf. Seafoam is good, surf is amazing.
  13. Dave Hill

Dave Hill

Nice bass.
    What color is the five string next to it in the top pic?
  14. Orlan

Orlan

It was surf green as well, but it had nitro finish and was painted by a different artist than mine. Jimmy built these basses as sort of siblings ;)
  15. morebassbaby

morebassbaby Spector Club member #379 Supporting Member

Yeah it's interesting because I have a nitro identical to that 5 string in surf green and that's how it looks. Your beautiful 4 string looks like what I traditionally think of as seafoam green. LOVE them both.
  16. Orlan

Orlan

That's right, I thought the exact same thing;)

When I ordered it I had in mind the color of an LG5 I have seen in a pic with Paul Turner(Jamiroquai) and Keith Duffy(The Corrs) even though the 66 Fender I have been wanting was a little darker than that. I ended up having the exact bass I saw as the color was that little darker :)

Obviously that LG5(that's owned by Keith Duffy) was a nitro finish, Jimmy told me that it could add a little difference and also it depended on what the artist thinks what surf o seafoam green may be. So, the hue may change a bit... for this LG4, in person, I found it to be just that surf green finish that your bass has, only more vibrant (I love them both, too)
  17. Orlan

Orlan

Weekend bump
  18. Zentner

Zentner Supporting Member

I personally think of Surf as having more yellow in it- it's a little thicker looking. The seafoam looks like a green version of daphne blue if that makes sense... it's more of that pastel, baby color IMO.

Regardless.... that bass is mindblowingly cool. I'd just but a tort guard on it. ;) I'd totally bite if I had the scratch!
  19. Orlan

Orlan

Yeah, I understand what you mean ;) Seafoam it's really cool, but has toy feel to it.

Hard to show on photos (even thou I tried to give the best I could) but this bass in person is totally Surf Green... it's only more vibrant and a little bit darker, but definitely has vintage feel in it. It has an old vibe, but in this particular case a little enhanced too (hard to explain too heheh)
  20. Darren Low

Darren Low

Wow beautiful
  21. Orlan

Orlan