SOLD FS: Ampeg Portaflex B-15N 1961 in Navy Random Flair...RARE and Price Drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Apex_speed, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Apex_speed

Apex_speed Supporting Member

SOLD!!!!!!!!

Up for your consideration is the rarest and most desirable of all Ampeg B-15's, the 1961 B-15NRF (Navy Random Flair). This random blue sparkle Tolex covering was only used in 1961 on the B-15N. The cabinet is loaded with a sought after Jensen P-15L. It has been serviced with a full cap job in the power supply using only the best correct parts (JJ and Sprague Atom caps), 3 prong AC cord conversion, and a set of Electro Harmonix output tubes. The original Amphenol speaker connector has been removed from the cabinet and replaced with a conventional 1/4 plug/jack to allow for more flexibility with only original holes used so the cabinet is unmodified. There were no changes to the amp side and the original Amphenol connector could be refitted at any time but as they were troublesome, it is not adviseable. The condition is amazing for a 53 year old Ampeg and original down to the grill cloth witch doesn't have as much as a snag in it. All the original parts are included with the sale so you have them.

I am an Ampeg collector and this is one of the nicer original NRF B-15's that I have seen.

There are currently two B15NRF's on ebay, one at $4,200 that is modified and beat up, another at $3,500 with water damage to the bottom of the cabinet. Many far less desirable Blue Check B-15's have sold in last couple of months on ebay for $2,500.

I'm looking for what should be a very fair $2,650/best. I can ship this safely and properly in two boxes on a wooden pallet anywhere in the US for between $130 and $150 depending on your location.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  2. Apex_speed

Attached Files:

3. Apex_speed

Attached Files:

4. Apex_speed

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

Free Bump. I have a 61 as well and it rules.

7. Apex_speed

Thanks! It is an awesome rig and I'm only selling because I scored one of the 10 original prototype '61 B-15Ns. NRF is the coolest tolex ever and and the '61 sound is classic Motown.

8. Pentatonic

Pentatonic Gold Supporting Member

9. Apex_speed

She is thanks, and in need of a good home!

10. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Nice. Interested in any trades?

11. Apex_speed

Well, I have pretty much everything I need except a 69/70 SVT with 6146 tubes, Fender Custom Shop '51 PB, and an Alembic Spider.

12. Apex_speed