SOLD FS: Ampeg SVP-PRO Tube Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bhoff5150, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhoff5150

bhoff5150 Supporting Member

For Sale: Ampeg SVP-PRO preamp - $450 shipped. I love this unit, but I have found a bass I love more and I'm trying to pull the cash together to buy it (don't tell the wife). If you read the reviews this preamp is supposedly noisy unless there is a modification done. This unit has had the mod completed by the previous owner and it is quiet. The tubes were upgraded to Groove Tubes and almost all of the caps inside the unit were immobilized (see pics). To me the coolest feature about this preamp is the drive control. It controls a drive tube in the preamp that will take you from a creamy tube sauce to outright overdrive. It's really a versatile unit, and if I didn't have my eye on a new jazz bass this would not be leaving. I have never sold anything here on TB, but I have on ebay. I can give you my ebay name if needed. I also don't know how to post pics but I'll give it a try.

If I can't figure out the picture thing PM me and I can email them to you.

Thanks and let me know if you have questions

Attached Files:

2. bhoff5150

Got the pic thing figured out - Yay me. Here's one more of the inside. There is rack rash from being mounted but that is the only marks on the unit.

Attached Files:

3. bhoff5150

Here's a picture of the back of the unit. It is currently rack mounted, but I can remove it and take more pictures if needed.

Attached Files:

4. bhoff5150

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.