1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Aria Pro II Billy Gould model IGB Integras!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alembic83, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Hi, I have two Aria Pro II IGB basses for sale. These are for the Billy Gould and Faith No More fans!

[​IMG]

The first is the IGB-550 (or IGB-STD) which has been heavily upgraded/modified with black hardware (Gotoh tuners and a Fernandes branded, Gotoh bridge). I also had some Ibanez SR1000E Ibanez USA pickups installed including the active "power curve" electronics (the electronics cavity has also been shielded). These pickups give a huge tonal variety while keeping the essence of the original tone of the Integra. I had everything professionally installed, but the original bridge screw holes are slightly visible (see pics) though not distracting. Also, one of the tuner gear covers fell off, leaving the gears exposed. The function is not effected. I had the bass setup a couple years back with Fender roundwound steels (45-105) but since I was out of country for most of the time since then, the strings are almost like new. This is a very light weight and comfortable bass to play! The neck is straight and has no problems. I'll include a brand new Aria gig bag. My price is $375 shipped CONUS, USPS parcel post.

[​IMG]

More pics available here:
    http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/vintagejapanbass/Aria Pro II IGB-550 Black/
    Sound sample:
    http://ia601203.us.archive.org/10/items/AriaProIiIntegraBassDemos/igb550test.mp3

The other IGB is a stock IGB-DLX (US name) or IGB-600 (Japanese name) , which is what Billy Gould used to record FNM's "Angel Dust" album.

[​IMG]

I had this bass setup recently with Robert Trujillo Dunlop 45-102 strings and the tech installed a shim under the neck and a couple washers on the truss rod to give some extra turns. It plays very well but if you dig in TOO hard it will buzz a bit on the second fret. Overall though, it's a great player and nails the "Angel Dust" tone, like Billy gets here.
    Here is a sound sample I recorded...
    http://ia601508.us.archive.org/31/items/AriaProIiIgb-dlxDemo/igbdlxnewdemo.mp3

More pics of the bass here:
    http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/vintagejapanbass/Aria Pro II IGB-DLX Black/

My price for this one is $350 shipped CONUS, USPS parcel post. I have a brand new Gator Slinger gig bag that I'll include along with an extra set of Trujillo bass strings.
    Thanks!

2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Bump for a True Aria Loving TBer!

3. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Bump for FNM and Billy! I always wanted these basses from the time I started playing. Right around the time when Angel Dust was released. Just not in a position to add any more basses right now. GLWTS.

4. Alembic83

Before Thanksgiving bump on these two Integras!

A bit more info on the DLX, there is a very slight "hump" in the neck just around the second fret. The tech said it wasn't a big deal but that fret leveling would take care of it. As of now it doesn't bug me...The 550's neck is straight.

Also, I believe these two IGBs were made in Korea.
    Thanks!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Alembic83

7. Alembic83

8. Alembic83

Cyber Monday bump and price drops! $350 for the IGB-550 and $340 for the IGB-DLX...shipped to CONUS.

9. Alembic83

The IGB-DLX is SOLD, however the 550 remains!

10. Alembic83

Big price drop bump for my Aria IGB-550: $275 plus $30 CONUS shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.