FS: Atkinson 62 Precision, Nitro Sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by -=DanAtkinson=-, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=DanAtkinson=-

-=DanAtkinson=-

One of a kind bass up for grabs. Custom 62-style Precision with flipped pickups, Swamp Ash body, all nitro finish, USACG neck, and custom nitro celluloid tortoise pickguard. Made by yours truly. A wonderful instrument and my favorite out of all the ones I've made. Hard to let go, but I'm focusing more on piano and it's time to thin the herd.

The Seymour Duncan SPB-1 pickup has been flipped for better tone balance. The pickup sits closer to the neck under the brighter D and G strings. CTS 250K pots, Orange Drop tone cap, Switchcraft jack. I'm obsessive about shielding and this bass shows it. Strung with DR Legends flatwounds.

The finish is all nitrocellulose lacquer. Vintage 3-tone burst on the body, vintage amber tint on the neck. The body is 2-piece Swamp Ash. (I went with Ash because I wanted some grain to show through the semi-opaque vintage burst.)

The neck is from USA Custom Guitars, and it is killer. Superb fretwork, quality wood, clay dots, graphite reinforced. Perfectly straight and plays like a dream. Maple with rosewood fingerboard. Modern P nut width (1.625") with 10" radius, vintage frets, and thin profile (front to back). Tuners are Hipshot Ultralites. Nut is Fender USA.

Weight is 8.2 pounds. :bassist:

It has been played a good bit and the nitro finish shows it in a few spots. Nothing major. Just a couple of dings here and there, too hard to photograph.

Don't mean to toot my own horn, but this bass is easily American Vintage quality. Everyone says "I hate to let this one go" but I absolutely mean it. I can't imagine there is another bass like it anywhere.

$900 shipped in the lower 48 states. 48-hour approval period. No trades. No international shipping. For now I'm firm on price. Comes with $150 SKB hard shell case.

MORE PICTURES:
    http://s969.photobucket.com/user/mulepods/slideshow/AtkinsonP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass Supporting Member

Dan, your basses are badass. This one's a beauty!
  3. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Bump...I loved this one, if only briefly. Awesome neck (and total package). Atkinson basses are excellent. GLWTS!
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Wow, that is legit. Has pretty much all the specs I've been chasing in a P bass.

Vintage frets? Stainless or nickel?

Satin neck or gloss?
    Will give this one some thought.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. -=DanAtkinson=-

-=DanAtkinson=-

On closer inspection I think they are vintage frets, nickel. Neck finish is satin.

Might be sold. Awaiting payment...
  7. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Huge relief for me if it is ;)
  8. -=DanAtkinson=-

-=DanAtkinson=-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.