1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS AudioKinesis Thunder Child 112 $600 plus actual shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Lee Barker, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass
    I bought this new from The Duke and I love the thing. I used it solely at church--it never went anywhere; had its own private closet there. It was very effective, particularly so because the sanctuary is wider than it is deep. The Thunder Child loves that kind of venue.

Given the single-use application, I bolted a Genz Benz Shuttle saddle on it. Those holes have been filled and touched up. You can see them in one of the images. I also put casters on the bottom, and had to cut a little patch out of the plastic corners. Those corners remain screwed on and function as feet as they should. Holes are filled.

My preference would be to trade straight across (and split the shipping costs) for a Genz Benz 6.0, 6.2, or 9.0 head.

Otherwise, no trades please.

$600 plus actual shipping. I ship basses regularly, so I can get a reasonable rate. Feel free to email me with your zip code and I'll give you the information you need to help you make a decision.

Attached Files:

2. luvmuziq

luvmuziq Supporting Member

i'm all confused. why are so many of those up for sale these days. I thought this was a good cab. what's going on?
  3. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

It's a killer cab. Kinda wondering the same thing. Probably just one of those GAS cycles, unless Duke has something up his sleeve for a new version....?
  4. lo-freq

lo-freq

It is a great cab!

There's as many reasons for selling as there is people selling (well, almost).
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Lee Barker

Disclosures:
    Fantastic cab. My only gigs (jazz duo) in my twilight career as a bassist are Wine and Bagel Sites. Two shuttle cabs (10 and 12) and two heads and I'm set. It's a simplicity thing, often concomitant with oldness.

As for the sleeves on Duke the Innovator, well, we'll see........
  7. Lee Barker

Disclosures:
    Swap-o-Rama pending...
  8. Lee Barker

Disclosures:
    Swap achieved. Thanks for your attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.