1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Awesome Schecter C4 - Modded Pickups and Preamp!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RyanJD, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Here we have a Schecter C-4 in beautiful Antique Amber. It is a really well made bass, and is a joy to play.
    These ship with EMG-HZ pickups, and a 9 volt bass/treble preamp.
    They have been upgraded to EMG 35-TW pickups with an 18 volt EMG BQC preamp.
    The BQC preamp is awesome. It has two concentric pots that have bass/ treble, and mid/ mid sweep respectively.
    That, along with the TW pickups, which are each splitable, allows for any sound imaginable.
    The previous owner also added a sycamore finger ramp between the pickups which you see in the pictures. I have since removed it. It looks nicer without it I think.
    (I'll throw it in if you want to stick it back on.)

The bass is in good condition with only a few minor nicks and dings. The largest is a chip on the top back side of the bass, which does go to the wood.
    It's been sealed with some clear polyurethane so that it won't chip any more. Even this, though, is quite small.

The neck is straight as an arrow and super fast and thin! Truss rod works great and the action is really nice too.
    ----
    Just about all of the above verbiage came from the previous owner, RawOrange (who did the pickups and preamp upgrades).
    I copied it so closely because I fully agree with what he wrote. And he's right. This thing can give you any sound! It's kind of insane!
    The only reason I'm selling it is because I have 4 basses right now and I'm only playing one.
    This would be that one, but I've gigged it a few times and I can get so many good sounds I don't even know what to use!

The only issue, aside from the small, previously mentioned blemishes, is that the top strap peg (or whatever it's called) is not in place. (See images 3 and 6.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upgrades, shipping cost, blemishes and missing strap peg accounted for, I can do [DEL]$400 $375[/DEL][DEL] $360[/DEL] $340 shipped in Continental US.
    And I will consider all reasonable offers.
    Maybe even a trade/partial trade toward an amp. (Tone Hammer 350, Ampeg PF, GK MB, etc.)

2. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Quick drop.
    $375 shipped.

3. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Formatted the original post to make it look a little nicer.
    I'm open to offers guys!

4. onemorebass

onemorebass

your pm box is full...:ninja:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Yeah, hey, sorry about that. My subscription ran out!
    I renewed it, so feel free to PM me again.
    Thanks!

7. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Still available.
    This thing plays just like my Fender FSR Jazz.
    Would not hesitate to gig with it!

:bassist:

8. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Bump, price drop.
    $360 shipped.

9. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Decided to try selling it again.

I'll do $340 shipped!
    18 volt preamp rocks your face!! :D

10. RyanJD