1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Beautiful MTD KZ6 lined Fretless w/sweet upgrades! $1200obo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by togglehead, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. togglehead

togglehead

Up for sale is my (almost) mint MTD KZ6 Fretless w/upgrades. I bought this due to a sudden GAS for a 6er, and fell in love with the way it looks and plays, but ultimately im not in collection mode, and i just never can play it on the kinds of gigs im doing right now.

Upgrades: It has had its bridge replaced with a black hipshot bridge, and black knobs and strap pins to match. Could use Black Tuners to be a real matched set. Aguilar 3 band preamp. Comes with original parts.

The details i know:

35"scale
    18mm Spacing (Edited for official info!)
    Ebanol Fingerboard w/lines
    About 10lbs

This is REAL easy to play. Killer action, and the bark attainable is wonderful. Its strung w/ Black LaBella Flats, and i believe comes with an extra set...an almost $100 value if i remember correctly.

Now for the bad: There is a ding on the top of the body. I tried my best to picture it here, with my thumb for scale. Its not a great looking ding, but it cant be seen when facing it. Never bothered me, but price wil reflect its blemish. Everything else is literally mint. It hasnt been played much, and it obvious. I am the second owner, and it probably has less than 10 hours play time.

Looking for [DEL]$1200[/DEL] $1000 (buyer pays shipping) and will be shipped in a Body Glove gig bag, well padded. Ive shipped a few basses off here so far and all have arrived 100% as intended. Open to reasonable offers.

Here she is:
    [​IMG]

More in this album, and detailing the blemish.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/togglehead/sets/72157631993918026/

Not realy looking for trades at this time as i just pulled the trigger on something and i need to make up the cash. Thanks for looking!
  2. Kevin Woods

Kevin Woods Supporting Member

These KZ6s are very comfortable with a stock string-spacing of 18mm. Do you know if the bridge upgrade was done professionally? If it was, I would assume an 18mm bridge was used, and in that case it would measure 90mm center-on-center.

I always tried to find sound samples of the fretless KZ6 model when they came out, but never could find anything that was reasonably well recorded. Sure would be nice to have some samples.

Cheers.
  3. togglehead

togglehead

You're right, it is 18mm. I saw it on the website and wanted to confirm for myself, and it was 18 spot on. Original post edited to reflect this!

The bridge and pre amp were installed professionally. The original owner gave me a copy of the receipt from the work...but i recently moved and havent been able to locate it. Ill keep looking. The guy lived at the bottom west side of NJ, and said the shop was right outside philly, though FWIW.

I'll see if i can some sound clips up in the next day or so. Packed few days. Ill record direct, to get a clean sound of the bass, not colored by my (very specific sounding) amp/cab.
  4. togglehead

togglehead

No clips yet...been really busy. Accepting offers bump!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. togglehead

togglehead

7. togglehead

togglehead

8. togglehead

togglehead

Price drop! $1100 now!

Still havent had time for clips...but will try again today.

TTT!
  9. togglehead

togglehead

10. togglehead

togglehead

11. togglehead

togglehead

12. togglehead

togglehead

Bump for price drop!
  13. togglehead

togglehead

Someone please buy this! My car broke down and i need cash to buy parts. =\

No reasonable offer will be refused.
  14. ZachL

ZachL

15. togglehead

togglehead

Aaaaand deposit made, pending payment. Looks like shes on hold, folks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.