1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Boss Dr Rhythm DR-770 drum machine

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Ukiah Bass, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Clean, perfectly functioning Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-770 drum machine is for sale only. One of the small rubber foot bumpers went missing so I applied four bigger bumpers as you can see in the bottom photo. Includes power supply.

From the Boss DR-770 product page (including manual):

The DR-770 Dr. Rhythm is BOSS’ most advanced compact rhythm machine ever, offering a powerful sound engine and hundreds of patterns. This translates into the highest quality drum and percussion sounds and patterns of any compact rhythm machine on the market.

• Top-of-the-line BOSS compact rhythm machine
    • 400 Preset patterns: Rock, Pop, Jazz, Latin, World, Standard and more
    • 400 User program memories
    • 255 high-quality drum and percussion sounds
    • 64 Preset drum kits and 64 User-programmable kits
    • Reverb, Flange and EQ control
    • Assignable Pedal switch allows Start/Stop, Forward, Rewind, etc.
    • Direct Pattern Play for instant pattern playback by pressing a single pad
    • 10,000-pattern memory onboard
    • New Ambience control permits 16 settings for overall drum sound (Stadium, Live House, Lo-Fi, etc.)
    • Quick Search for quick pattern location by musical genre

PRICE: $75 shipped CONUS & PayPal only

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ukiah Bass

Sounds really good through my home studio PA. I've been using it in mono but it also does stereo out.
  3. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Free bump. Does it have its own speaker (or do you have to run it through something) and, if so, how loud can it get before losing decent fidelity? Thx, DM
  4. Ukiah Bass

No internal speaker, Mr. Dee-man. To hear the sound you run a link to your output system via one or two quarter inch jacks. There's also a headphone jack. The link to the manual provides all details.

Here's someone else's photo I grabbed off the Internet showing the back panel connectors:

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dee-man

That's Sir Dee-man. :smug:

Thanks. I'm an idiot with this stuff. So I can run a 1/4" from this to the output system of ... what? The amp I'm playing my bass through so both come through the cab?
  7. Ukiah Bass

I've been running it into my Mackie 808S powered mixer, which is the brain for my home studio PA.

If you don't have a PA, you could run it into the AUX IN jack on a bass amp and simultaneously hear the drum machine through your bass cab. In this case, the cable would usually be a quarter inch male jack for the drum machine and a quarter inch male jack into your amp's AUX IN. There's an independent volume control on the drum machine so it's easy to place the setting wherever you want it viz. the bass volume. I've also used it in the manner.
  8. Dee-man

No PA for me. If my amp doesn't have an aux in (e.g., Puma 900), would the return/line in of the effects loop work? Balanced or unbalanced cable, if you know? And sorry for all the questions.
  9. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

10. Ukiah Bass

Ah, I just happen to have a Puma 900 right here! I just plugged the male to male jack into the Puma's Effects Loop (use the plug on the left labeled "Return / Line In"). Works like a champ!

The Puma's master volume will increase whatever volume level you've set on the drum machine. The Puma's Gain control has no effect at all on the drum machine volume; neither do the Puma's EQ knobs. All those can be manipulated independently to sculpt the tone of your bass without affecting the clean input from the drum machine.

Your other question ... about the cable type ... the answer is it can be either balanced or unbalanced. Balanced cables are quieter and tend to be used for longer cable runs. Most patch cables for connecting boxes to the mixer, and hooking up stomp boxes, tuners, to the amp are unbalanced.

I hope this answers your questions!
  11. Dee-man

Thanks. I'll give it a spin. No issues, right? Pm me your paypal or other payment instructions.
  12. Ukiah Bass

Payment received! Thanks for everyone's interest! Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.