1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: Carvin B1500 -- the big dog!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by groovaholic, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groovaholic

groovaholic

I just purchased this amp a couple months ago.
    I've owned a couple B-1500's previously and always found them to be rock solid, dependable, great-sounding, and LOUD.

But I always had a hard time getting the amp EQ'ed to my liking -- until I read Tom Bowlus' review in Bass Gear Magazine.
    Once I understood the EQ frequencies better, I was happier than ever with the amp!

Once thing that Tom mentioned in his review was the knobs; the black lines on chrome knobs make it hard to see your EQ settings.
    I've replaced the chrome knobs with plastic Mesa-Boogie style plastic knobs that improve visibility and reduce weight.
    But I still have the original knobs and will include them or swap them out if you like.

Also, the input jack had worked itself loose.
    It was a simple fix, but while I had the top off, I tapped all of the screw holes for 6-32 threads and replaced the screws with stainless steel socket head screws so that you never have to worry about stripping them if you ever have to service the amp.

I also replaced the chassis screws on the front with stainless, just to add back some "bling" after I removed the chrome knobs.

The amp is in great shape, with only some minor wear around the rackmounting screw holes, and a couple scratches on the bottom.

$400 shipped (in the 48 states), and it's yours!

PayPal accepted, trades for other bass heads (or a power amp) considered, although a straight sale is preferred.

Attached Files:

2. groovaholic

groovaholic

Here's the power-switch side of the front panel, and the back connections (showing off those bada$$ power ratings too!)

Attached Files:

3. groovaholic

groovaholic

...and finally, here's showing the top and bottom panels of the amp

Attached Files:

4. Brocbass

Brocbass Supporting Member

Hey bro interested still thinking never really tried carvin amps just wondering how it would fit with a SWR Goliath III I'm a Genz benz lover just want something to leave hooked to the SWR cause I don't gig out with her no more. I play mostly fender jazzes occasionally my ken smith so I depend on a lil more mid for taste
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Quackhead

Quackhead

If this is still around on Friday, I'm grabbing it.
  7. Brocbass

Brocbass Supporting Member

8. groovaholic

groovaholic

My band broke up (and I have no immediate plans to join another band) so I'm putting this back up for grabs!
  9. hammer1

hammer1

10. groovaholic

groovaholic

...and SOLD.

(That was quick!)
  11. lo-freq

lo-freq

Well, it was a heck of a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.