1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Carvin BX500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by liam_g, Oct 17, 2013.

1. liam_g

liam_g Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

$275 shipped, $260 local Nashville area SOLD!!!

For sale is my Carvin BX500 NT (no tube). This was purchased in September 2012 from the Carvin eBay store without the tube. You can put a tube in it if you want, it's fully functional, but in my experience having also owned one with the tube, there's virtually no difference in the tone with the tube engaged. I'm just finding that I play other heads more often, my GK and now an Eden WT300 that I just took in trade. The BX500 has been a good and faithful head though. I did have one problem, and Carvin repaired it under warranty, replacing some components in the power supply. It's in perfect shape now, and will ship in the original packaging.

No trades, sorry.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by wwgtsc, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Untitled by wwgtsc, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Carvin rig by wwgtsc, on Flickr

Cheers,
    Liam
  2. liam_g

liam_g Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

3. liam_g

liam_g Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

4. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

What's the scoop on the green Carvin cabs in the backgound. ...bump
  5. liam_g

liam_g Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Those are the 112AG cabs. Single 12's marketed as extensions to their acoustic guitar amp. However, Carvin voiced that amp an the extension cabs to handle guitar, bass, voice and keys. Sort of like a small PA. They work very well for bass. In fact, the only review on Carvin's website for them is from a bassist. If you search the amps forum for 112ag you'll find a dedicated thread on them.

Now that Carvin has their Microbass single 15 extension cabs, I might have gone for that instead, although I haven't heard that cab. But I'm happy with the 112AGs. They work quite well. I just used the BX500 and these cabs as back line for a pro-level jam here that my band was the host act for, and got many compliments from the other bassists.

Cheers,
    Liam
  6. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

7. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Thanks much... Just read the glowing review.

I often wondered why Carvin didn't put out a nice 112 bass cab with the popularity of 112 cabs today. It looks like they did but I just missed it. I've seen these cabs in past Carvin catalogs where they make mention that they will work for bass or guitar but I had my doubts. Thanks for the info. (sorry didn't mean to hijack your post)

For those considering the BX500...it's a heck of an amp. I love my 2. Plus the amp goes down to 2 ohms and it is super flexible. glwts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP9pLN6hS9o

my 2 cents
  8. liam_g

liam_g Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Ok, I haven't been bumping this thread because I was having problems with all three of my other heads, and had to keep the BX500 as it was the only one that was working properly, lol. I now have my Eden WT300 back from repair, and am about to get my GK 700RB back, so I'm finally able to sell the BX500.

So ... bump. ;)

Cheers,
    Liam
  9. bclark812008

bclark812008 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Deal Done! It was a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to putting this amp thru its paces over the next few months! ...I also look forward to checking out your band the next time you guys play!
  10. liam_g

liam_g Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Awesome to meet you man, and thanks for the deal! Hope you get great service out of it. :) Look forward to seeing you around town!

Liam