SOLD FS: Carvin LB76 w/ Audere Classic Pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kazamamaster, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Up for grabs is a Carvin LB76 with Audere Classic preamp. The serial number on this places it within the mid nineties time frame of construction. The pickups have been upgraded from the old humbuckers to the newer J99's. This has significantly made the sound more aggressive and 'growlier' than the standard set up I got the bass with. Sperzel locking tuners are on the bass as well as the old Wilkenson bridge.

This bass is a players bass, and has been my main bass the last 10 years or so, and sadly I think it's time to part ways with it.

The good:

The bass is truly comfortable to play, balances well, and doesn't weigh a ton. The sound definitely is an upgrade over the older Carvin basses of it's era, and the Audere gives it plenty of tonal flexibility. Sits well in the mix without sticking out like a sore thumb.

The Preamp is Volume, Pickup Balance, Low Mid/High Mid (Stacked) and Bass/Treble (Stacked)

The bad:

As this is a players bass, there's a few nicks around the bottom of the bass, but not very many. There's a rash underneath the C string (pictured). I believe the previous owner may have been a pick player. The B string locking tuner no longer works - the gears no longer catch and as a result the B string must be wrapped around the tuning post without locking it. This doesn't affect tuning or playability in any shape or fashion.

This is a good bass for anyone looking to make a jump into the 6 string realm or anyone who's used to sixes looking for a decent backup 6 string.

I can probably provide some sound samples later if needed. I'm attaching some cell phone pictures for now, and will upload some from an actual camera later.

Looking for $450 paypal , shipping included - CONUS only, and I'll throw in a gig bag. No trades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

3. miguelondiablo

miguelondiablo Supporting Member

will you ship to Toronto?

4. fruitlabor

fruitlabor

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Has it got an oiled neck? looks like a total bargain!

7. Standalone

Standalone

wow, killer. and killer deal.

8. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

It's got a lightly oiled neck. Kind of a satin finish.

9. fruitlabor

fruitlabor

10. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

11. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.