1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS Carvin RSP preamp, Crown XLS202, SKB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jbybj, Oct 21, 2012.

1. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Hello, I am selling these separately or together.

Carvin Redline RSP preamp. Versatile EQ, para and graphic, biamp with selectable crossover, compression, gate, and a blend between tube and SS gain stages. I didn't really use the EQ on this unit, I got it for the biamp outs, tube stage, and compression. IMO, this pre is very transparent, (without the compressor). What you give is what you get. But if you choose to engage any of the tone shaping tools, there is a wide range it can cover. $200 will get it shipped anywhere in the CONUS.

Crown XLS-202 power amp. It's a power amp. I had it pushing 8 and 4 ohms, never threw a fit, never farted out, never got too hot. I set is aside as a backup because I got a QSC 1602 for a great deal. In practical application, I couldn't find a difference. Now I've got an IPR-3000 because of the weight. I dont' like the Peavey as much, but it's so light I stick with it. The XLS-202 weighs about 20 lbs......... I think.......
    $150 will get it shipped anywhere in the CONUS.

SKB 4 rack space, the deep one, no rails in the back, no wheels, just plastic molded protection.
    $70 will get it shipped anywhere in the CONUS.

For $400, I'll keep everything in the SKB case, and ship the whole kit and kaboodle to ya.

I've done my research, and these prices, (taking shipping into account) reflect the recently sold listings on ebay, about smack dab in the middle. I am certain you could find any of these items for less, if you look long enough. But then you'd be taking your chances now wouldn't you, instead of buying from a friendly and trustworthy TB'er like myself. No trades, I NEED BONGO MONEY!!!! If you can pickup in the Los Angeles area, well then we can talk about knocking off another $50, otherwise, prices are firm.

Peace, JBY

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

My name is James, and I want a Bongo.
  3. xMaxBASSx

xMaxBASSx

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

could you post sound clips?
  4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Sorry, not anytime soon. Busy with all kinds of projects and playing music this weekend. I could record something early next week. I assume you mean direct out of the preamp. Recording the Carvin and the Crown through a speaker would tell you more about my cabinet and my recorder than anything else.......
  5. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

you could make me an offer, couldn't ya?
  7. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Well, my new Peavey IPR-3000 just crapped out and shut down on one channel. The Crown I'm selling never did that.
  8. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Here it go......
  9. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Harumph
  10. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Here is the perfect set up to make that happen.

Well, I did score an awesome Bongo. But I would still like to make room in my house. So I'm bumping this tremendous offer to the top.
  11. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0