1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Cirrus 6 string Bubinga / Walnut

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by robthebassplaye, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

I'm offering up my ~2001 Peavey Cirrus Bubinga top, Walnut body, Walnut/Maple neck 6 string bass for sale.

Good shape, a normal amount of dings/swirls for a bass without a polyester finish, but absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. I love the natural oil finsih ! It's a clean bass. Just wish I had longer, skinnier fingers....

Just got a Cirrus 5 Maple bass, and I've got to get rid of one per my agreement with the wife....

Asking $950.00 <lowered price> - make me a reasonable offer if you are interested. Shipped CONUS. Sorry, Absoultey no trades.... (thats the deal with the wife...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With original case (one foot is broken off, but otherwise in great shape), and the original purchase receipt from 2001 (I'm the second owner)...

Let me know if you would like more photos.

Rob
  2. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

So, here is a photo of the back of the headstock by request........

[​IMG]
    Rob
  3. Pappasgrind

Pappasgrind

How's thin is the neck
  4. groooooove

groooooove

scale length / weight?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. robthebassplaye

To answer a few questions:

This is an awesome 35" scale bass. The low B is fantastic, the action is, in my view, the best of any 6 string long scale bass, or maybe even any bass in general.

It weighs 9.8 lbs on my bathroom scale, for what that's worth. Could be a little more, or a little less. I find it very comfortable to play, there are certainly much heavier 6 string basses out there.

For me, this does not have a lot of neck dive, it stays in a position where I can play it very comfortably.

YMMV...

Thanks!

Rob
  7. robthebassplaye

Questions regarding the thickness of the neck:

So, its 1.95" wide at the nut (I measured it with precision calipers), and 2.85" at the octave fret.

Measuring thickness of a neck is virtually impossible, because it varies along the length of the neck. I'd like to give you a number, but honestly I don't know how to do that. Perhaps thicker in the lower registers, somewhat thinner in the upper register strings.

Cirrus bass necks are known for being really, really thin. This bass is absolutely no different than any other Cirrus basses I've encountered, it's a great, easily playable, very thin neck. The multi-laminate construction of this neck (maple, walnut) ensures that it is, and will remain stable.

Thanks,
    Rob
  8. robthebassplaye

I've lowered the price a bit... Any interest? It's a nice bass!
  9. socoo

socoo

PM Sent
  10. robthebassplaye

PM Replied to.
  11. robthebassplaye

A few more photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. socoo

socoo

PM Sent
  13. socoo

socoo

Just saw these additional photos, awesome!
  14. robthebassplaye

PM Rsponded to.
  15. robthebassplaye

2nd PM also responded to.

Thanks for the interest. The bass is still available.
  16. socoo

socoo

PM Round Three
  17. boyet

boyet

String spacing
  18. robthebassplaye

Sold, pending PayPal payment.
  19. robthebassplaye

And, its SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.