SOLD FS Cort A5 Artisan 5 string, neck through, active bartolini, hard case (PRICE DROP)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bcsride, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcsride

bcsride Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Frets?:
    Yes
    FS Cort A5 Artisan 5 string, neck through, active bartolini, hard case

$415 (dropped from $450) paypal’d and Shipped CONUS

For sale is my Cort A5 5 string bass. This is a MIK – Korean made – model. It plays great and has no flaws. It has essentially unplayed strings on it. I don’t recall exactly (I put them on) but they are almost certainly DR Hi-Beams as that is all I buy, but there is a chance is has some sort of Di’addario on it as I know I had some laying around at one point and can’t find them now. Anyway, I bought this bass used used as my back up bass and never played it. I’m moving to 35 scale for a while to see how things go, and I’m selling this one. If you buy this bass, you will be able to tune it up and play out right out of the case. It is all set up, clean, frets shiny and polished ready to go.

Nut width is 45mm (as measured by me). Neck is medium thin C. Neck thickness at the 1st fret is about 19.8 mm. Bridge spacing is 16.5 mm (as measured by me). Weighed on a Pelouze model 4010 scale gives 8.8 lbs (not 8 lbs 8 oz, but 8.8 lbs). Scale is 34 in. Overall, the design of these basses is very comfortable to play seated or standing.

This bass is in excellent shape. The frets are almost perfect. The frets have a fairly recent polish. However, this is not a NOS bass. I would rate it as very good to excellent condition, but it is not “mint”. This bass has been played. You can see a little bit of “shine” on the pickups from play. There is some very slight buckle worming on the back. It is very slight and didn’t photograph well – I marked it with a circle. There is some scuffing around the output jack. There is some minor scuffing around the perimeter in some places. I have photographed it very carefully. You can see it in the photos and you can tell that it is very slight.

The bass has the Bartolini MK1 pickups in it and the Cort or Bartolini preamp. It is 9 volt. If I understand this all correctly, the MK1s are Korean (?) made licensed pickups. I had the US version of the MK1s installed (MK5 CBC or something?) and the US Bartolini Preamp that had the same 5 knob 1 toggle setup installed. The bass has been returned to stock with the MK1’s and original preamp re-installed. The US pickups had extra screws. So, if you take the pickups out, you can see the extra screw holes. These show in the pictures. On the downside, you have some extra holes under your pickups. On the upside, the upgrade to the US ones is easier.

The bass comes with a hard shell case shown in the photos. It is a road runner case. It has some nicks and dings as pictured but is in good shape overall. The lid on the accessory box doesn’t sit on the “shelf” – it falls in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A link to photobucket photos.
    http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/bcsride/library/CortA5?sort=3&page=1

All photos were taken by me and are recent. The photos accurately reflect the condition of the bass.
    I’m very happy to answer any questions, talk on the phone, etc. Just pm me and let me know.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. bcsride

a few extra pictures bump

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, those frets are excellent. I got this thing all cleaned up, set up, etc. as my back up bass and never played it.

My main bass (that I played instead of this one) was an old Hamer Chap bass. Which, wasn't as versatile, but had a thicker neck which I liked better.

3. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

I am not familiar with these basses. What does the toggle switch do? also does this have bass, mid, treble bass boost and cut with center detent...or is it boost only? Is there a passive bypass? Thanks

4. bcsride

Toggle is eq in/out - but I don't know if the "out" is actually passive or just active w/o eq. controls are Volume, Pickup blend (bridge to neck), Bass +/-, Mid +/-, Treble +/- so center detent = yes. I don't know the db of boost/cut. It is a good and versatile eq setup.

Aside, does road-cat1 mean you are a Cat 1 cyclist. If so, hats off. In my finest hour, I was podium grade masters 4.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. road-cat1

Thanks for the info....I may be interested. And as for my "name"...sorry to disappoint you. I spent 17 years on the road with different Broadway shows and was touring with "CATS" when I got started using that internet name. so ROAD (meaning touring) and CAT (name of the show I was touring with).

7. bcsride

Bike racing, touring Broadway shows, its all the same - o.k. not really, but no disappointment.

I probably did see a touring version of Cats in about 1998 or so.

8. road-cat1

That would have been me...started w/CATS 1990 til end of National tour 1998

9. bcsride

Price drop, now $415 (dropped from $450).

10. bcsride

bump - search the threads here - this is an excellent price (for the buyer, not for me).

11. bcsride

12. bcsride

13. Bassman Spiff

Bassman Spiff

Hi all,
    This is a great deal on an amazing bass. I'm not a 5er, but I do have a Cort Artisan in 4.
    This bass is a steal at twice the price!
    -Spiff

14. bcsride

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.