FS Custom, completely unique 4 String bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by adam ravitz, Mar 7, 2014.

1. adam ravitz

adam ravitz Supporting Member

The core of the bass is a Carvin neck through neck ebony finger with 24 frets and side dots. The sides of the bass are made of alder and the top is beautiful bookmatched spalted maple. The bridge is an older Kahler bass trem, pickups a[/DEL]re Bass Line Phase II passive soap bar pickups. It used to have a set of Bart's, a split coil and a triple coil, but it never quite sounded right, however if you want i can include them with the bass if you're interested. The preamp is an Aguilar OBP-3. The tuners are Sperzel locking tuners.

Unfortunately at some point i lost the back plate, so there is just a piece of clear plexi glass over it now. I'm having a shelf routed and a new back plate cut so one will sit flush with the back and i'm having this bass setup. The bass is capable of a wide range of tone, the obp-3 is an incredible preamp and it really allows you to access a wide tonal palette. Unfortunately i do not have any way to record audio samples, but i'm trying to figure that out.

I'd like to get [DEL]$2,200 $1400 [/DEL] $1200 OBO CONUS, which is basically just the price of the parts and materials. I'm seriously very open to any offers, i know this bass doesn't have a known pedigree, but it is a seriously beautiful instrument that plays great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. adam ravitz

bump for price change
  3. adam ravitz

Bump super price drop
  4. Jov1321

Jov1321 Supporting Member

And what is the super price drop...?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. adam ravitz

i had it listed at 2,200 originally, but after getting a very kind message from a fellow TB'er i realized i need to lower my expectations
  7. adam ravitz

Price drop bump