1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Custom Gamma Les Paul Style, rare

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by OldSchool50, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

I'm getting closer to what I need for a special purchase so looking to move the Gamma quickly. $450.

Only trade interest at this time would be a Jack Casady hollow body in similar condition/value or a Godin Shifter 4.

I bought this gorgeous blue 2013 custom Gamma last May from Joey Millstein right after I saw the photos. IT is unique -- one of only two LPs built last year -- light and simply a beauty. It has a high-gloss transparent blue flame top, built with the same quality parts used in all the Gamma basses. Specs below.

Hard to capture the great look in amateur photos, but first two pix show it under different light

Played it at home only and it's only been out for a set up, that's it. As much as I love it, I'm a fairly big guy and the body style is a bit small for me. For an LP, it's very light, 8.5 lbs.

This is like new, not a mark that I can find and comes with a new Fender deluxe gigbag.

Asking [DEL]$500[/DEL] [DEL]$475[/DEL] $450 plus shipping, CONUS ONLY. Prefer BOA bank deposit, bank check or money order if you have feedback but will do Paypal.

Specs from Gamma:
    GAMMA CUSTOM BETA MODEL LP13-01: TRANS BLUE FLAME
    • Spectacular High Gloss, Solid, Transparent Blue, Flame Top, Single Cutaway Body (Think Gibson Les Paul) with sweet cream binding
    • Thunderous passive (yet can sound active if you let it) MIJ, Jazz style Pick Ups. Fabulous sound and tone!
    • All new hardware and components including bridge, strap bolts, control knobs (Volume, Balance/Blend, Tone), string tree, neck plate & bolts, and slick, sealed spinner-style machine head tuners
    • Sweet and supple & very comfy and fast, Slim profile, Elite Maple Neck with Maple Finger-board & gloss natural Head-stock
    • 34” Scale
    • Weighs @ 8.5 lbs
    • Nut width is 1 5/8”
    • Strung with Rotosound Medium Gauge Roundwounds (100s)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    $500.00 for a Gamma is a steal people. And the electronics are superb...

3. OldSchool50

Color is brighter than shown in the first photo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. OldSchool50

MOre snow coming Bump

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy

Gorgeous. Wife would have me assassinated if I bought this. But I'm almost thinking it'd be worth it...

GLWTS

7. OldSchool50

I would hate to have any bass-related fatalities on my hand. But if you care to risk it, pm me. And thanks for the bump

8. OldSchool50

Price dropped to $475 plus shipping. See details

9. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Meh... Supporting Member

I played this bass and almost bought it (went with one of Joe's Beta Basses instead), and let me tell you it's a really cool, great sounding bass. If I had the cash I'd probably take a second chance at it.

10. OldSchool50

Thanks for the great bump, Mike. It's definitely unique, great looking and with a powerful sound. I really wouldn't be disappointed to keep it but need to raise some funds and thin out.

11. OldSchool50

bump for trade options

12. dderatz

dderatz Supporting Member

Is it active with a passive switch?

13. OldSchool50

NO it's all passive but with very hot pickups. THree knobs - VOlume, pickup balance and tone.

14. Onemanbanned

Onemanbanned Supporting Member

Looks like a Gibson body with a Fender neck. PM me please as I have a have gold a Casady I might swap you for.

15. OldSchool50

ttt deal in the works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.