1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS - Customized MTD CRB 5-String - Fender P Lyte 4-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gus1894, Feb 23, 2014.

1. gus1894

gus1894 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

TWO BASSES FOR SALE: PRICE DROP ON BOTH BASSES!

MTD KINGSTON CRB 5-STRING BASS

Modded to be a Double P Bass!!
    $475 shipped CONUS + Insured.

This is a great bass with a lot of umph. I had it customized by a local luthier who really knows his stuff. I Ordered a second split P pickup direct from DanaBGoods (US distributor for MTD) and my friend installed it perfectly. He set up two stacked knobs - one for each p'up - volume/tone stacks. The work is awesome, the bass looks like it was born that way! Also installed Schaller Straplocks and the bass will ship with a nice Dunlop strap.

34" scale, 22-fret, bolt-on maple neck with maple fretboard. Basswood body with Trans black finish, 1.75" nut, smoked chrome hardware and Buzz zzz Feiten Tuning System. Weight is about 9.5lbs. Will ship in a gig bag.

(Photos below)

FENDER PRECISION LYTE 4-STRING BASS
    $450 Shipped CONUS + Insured.

Great bass made in Japan, I believe in the early '90s. PJ pickup configuration, 22-fret neck. Tobacco/sunburst finish. Great playing and sounding bass; very lightweight - about 7-7.5lb. I replaced the original tuners with Hipshot Ultralited; D-Drop Bass XTender on the E-String. Also replaced broken plastic knobs with some cool custom made brass knobs made from spent shotgun shells. Very cool.

No gig bag, but will ship packed well. Photos below.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. gus1894

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

BUMP FOR A PRICE DROP ...........
  3. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

And what are the prices?
  4. gus1894

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

How odd, that they disappeared from the listing?
    MTD - $525
    Fender - $500
  5. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

How's the bridge P-pickup sound soloed? Is it respectably even from the low-strings coil to the high-strings, or is there an obvious transition? How about blended-in with the neck-P?

Neat bass, neat mod. Curious how the bridge-P compares with a J.
  6. gus1894

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

I find that the bridge P can get a bit more nasal if you go full-on with the tone knob, but if you back off the tone to about two-thirds, it's a nice mid punch with good lows. The neck is more desirable solo'ed for me, more mids it feels like. In the end I do prefer both pickups together - gives it a nice, solid bass tone, good mids that cut nicely in a band mix. I think it is a great mid for this bass - They should make one stock, LOL :)
    Only reason I am parting with it is because I find I prefer 35" scale on a 5-string.
    Thanks for looking!
  7. gus1894

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

BUMP FOR A PRICE DROP ......
  8. gus1894

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

TTT...
    Price