1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Demeter HBP-1 preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mysteryclock, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysteryclock

mysteryclock Supporting Member

This is the amazing Demeter HBP-1 preamp, which features an all-tube preamp and switchable solid state EQ section and effects loop, making it an extremely versatile tone machine. It has the usual small scratches from being in an equipment rack but it is otherwise in very good shape.

$585 shipped CONUS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the original Bass Player review.

Original product description:

You Will Be Blown Away

The HBP-1 H Series Tube Bass Preamplifier by James Demeter uses the same all tube front end found in his classic VTBP-201 Bass pre-amplifier and combines it with the revolutionary H Series circuitry found in his professional audio H Series line. This preamplifier provides the best of both the tube and solid state world. It features high voltage (250V) tube front end (providing all of the preamplifier gain and passive tone controls), a two band solid state fully parametric equalizer that is tuned for bass, a fully adjustable active effects loop with controls up front, a tuner output, a full balanced output with switchable mic or line level, both a balanced TRS line level output and an unbalanced line level output for amplifier connections and a mute switch. As with all Demeter equipment, it is meticulously hand-wired using the finest components and assembled in the U.S.A.

Specifications
    - Input impedance: > 1megohm
    - Minimum load impedance: 600ohms
    - Maximum output: + 24dBV @ 600ohms + 28dB
    - Gain: Adjustable to + 10dB Mid 440Hz to 4KHz
    - EQ gain : + or - 15dB
    - Signal to noise ratio: - 80dB
    - THD : .5%
    - Frequency response : 10Hz to 40kHz
    - Tube: 1-12AX7a selected
    - Parametric EQ: Q or width continuously variable Low 40Hz to 440Hz Mid 440Hz to 4.4KHz
    - Inputs: 1/4" (passive and active) Outputs: 3-pin balanced mic/line, TT, XLR & 1/4"
    - Chassis: Single space rack
    - Operating voltage: 115V/230V AC switchable
    - Power supply: 250V fully regulated
    - Filament: 12.6V fully regulated
  2. mysteryclock

3. Milestones

Milestones

Does this one have the Jensen output transformer? And do you have any interest in an even trade for an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro in good condition (USA made).
  4. mysteryclock

It is the standard model, which does NOT have the Jensen transformer as far as I know. Over the years I've heard people swear by their Jensen-equipped units in general, but I've really never felt I've been missing anything when I've either played a live gig or been recording with this one. Then again, I've not exactly been recording in the multi-million dollar studios around here or in LA or NYC.

I'm not really interested in a trade - sorry. I have an extremely adequate QSC power amp in the rack already so I'm mainly just swapping the pre.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mysteryclock

7. mysteryclock

...and, SOLD!
  8. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

please close your thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.