1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: Desert Gold Bongo 5HH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by newworldman86, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newworldman86

newworldman86

SOLD.

Up for sale is my Music Man Bongo 5 string in Desert Gold. This is the double humbucker model, and is currently strung with a set of Ernie Ball Cobalts. It has only 2 tiny nicks on the headstock which are shown in the photos. I put an instrument cable jack near the nicks in the photos for size reference, and to point. Weighs in at exactly 9.0 pounds.

It is a fantastic bass, but I find myself only playing short scale basses lately, and sadly Music Man doesn't sell any short scale Bongos.

Price is $1100 shipped or $1050 local(Atlanta). Includes original hard shell case, and leather strap with straplocks. I am selling this to purchase a Birdsong HY5, so the only trades that would interest me are trades for a quality short scale 5 string.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. MarcMurder

MarcMurder #IIAmerica Supporting Member

DAMMIT! I'm saving up for a bongo like this or in stealth! Hopefully this is available when I get my check!
  3. 73jbass

73jbass Gold Supporting Member

Just damn. He's local too.
  4. newworldman86

newworldman86

Lunch bump. 73jbass if you would like to meet up to test drive it just let me know.

It's a fantastic bass, but sadly just too long for my 5'4" frame. I do dream of the day when Music Man starts making a short scale 5 string Bongo.

If anyone would like any more pics I would be happy to take them. Also, if requested I could even do a video or audio demo. Bongo basses are very well documented though, so it might be redundant.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

This color looks insanely good in person. It's hard to capture its quality really well in photos.
  7. 73jbass

Any chance you would be interested in a Tobias Killer B 6?
  8. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

I love 73jbass... he goes through Bongo 5HHs like undies! Great guy!
  9. 73jbass

I'm in the process of clearing out a few non MM basses to pickup some more Bongos. It's a sickness..:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.