1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Devi Ever Karaoke Party, dirty boost, modded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Scobby Bott, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scobby Bott

Scobby Bott

Very dirty bass boost. It does not do clean at all, and sounds akin to a solid-state Sunn with the gain cranked up. Excels with other pedals, by fattening them up and adding grit. Previous owner, Ttasselm, had a master volume knob added by T1M Effects.
    $75 shipped ConUS. Also interested in an Ernie Ball VP Jr. 25k or a Way Huge Swollen Pickle in exchange.

[​IMG]

2. EricssonB

EricssonB

I'd get it just to see what the hell it does. Might give it a paint job. Can you YouTube this thing?

3. Scobby Bott

Scobby Bott

4. ttasselm

ttasselm Supporting Member

Just wanted to chime in here to offer some clarity on the subject. I am the original owner of this pedal and highly recommend it. I am also the creator of those YouTube videos.

I owned the pedal for at least a year and I found that it makes for an excellent bass booster. It pumps the low end and "dulls" the highs in a very pleasing way. I'm not sure how else to describe its effects on your tone - definitely not "transparent" (if that's what you're looking for, move on).

It does have some solid-state-ish clipping characteristics, as the OP mentioned, that make for a really unique kind of low-gain fuzz tone. It is also excellent for boosting and fattening TS-style overdrives, as well as boosting and fattening single-coil pickups, particularly strats, jazz basses on the bridge pickup, and other "brighter" signals.

It's a MUST if you're into the indie/garage/lo-fi kind of sound. It's an excellent pedal and I'm not just saying that because it used to be mine. It can serve a very unique and effective purpose in your setup.

Brand new, it was $100; with shipping and the mod, it's about $125. This is a good deal.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Scobby Bott

Scobby Bott

Thanks so much for the input and insight, Ttasselm!

7. Scobby Bott

Scobby Bott

Bump time! Anyone got a VP Jr. 25k to swap for this sucker?

8. Scobby Bott

Scobby Bott

On hold. Awaiting payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.