1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: EBMM Stingray 5 Honeyburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by drbakker, Nov 29, 2012.

1. drbakker

drbakker Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

For sale only, no trades please.
    $1100US plus shipping

This is a great player, built approx 2003, and has seen many gigs. It is in very good shape except one major ding near the top where your right arm rests - I've photographed it in the attached pics. Otherwise it is in exceptional shape for it's age and use.

I really hate to see this go, it is a great playing and sounding bass.

For any of you Mexican R&R fans, also attached is a picture playing with Alex Lora of El Tri (El Tri is the Rolling Stones of Mexico), I had the opportunity to back Alex for his NAMM 2007 gear promos. This was the gig where he, Brad Kava (harmonica), and I jammed improvised a jam that he later turned in to El Tri's hit tune "Besame" (haha still waiting for the royalty check..).

Anyway, this Stringray is a great player. Here are the specs:
    - Honeyburst
    - Built approx 2003
    - Serial #E36145
    - 100% original
    - 10.3lbs on the bathroom scale
    - original HSC
    - single humbucker, 3 band eq
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. drbakker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

3. crimmer

crimmer

0   0   0

Hello,
    I have received that bass guitar several days ago. Once I got that bass, played a little bit and realized that the tone tone doesn't sound right, so I screwed the pick guard out, I actually found out that there were 2 potentiometers broken, I wonder why didn't you clarify that part on your selling statement. Thank you.
  4. drbakker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hi, I had no idea the tone didn't work, I would have definitely mentioned this in the post. I used the bass alot, never noticed a problem, but it's possible, because I tend to use just volume and the tone on my amp.
    Let me know how much to fix it, and I'll credit you on PayPal.
    Thanks,
    Dave.
  5. Moooon

Moooon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I can see some XXXX where the pics?
  6. crimmer

crimmer

0   0   0

For sale only, no trades please.
    $1100US plus shipping

This is a great player, built approx 2003, and has seen many gigs. It is in very good shape except one major ding near the top where your right arm rests - I've photographed it in the attached pics. Otherwise it is in exceptional shape for it's age and use.

I really hate to see this go, it is a great playing and sounding bass.

For any of you Mexican R&R fans, also attached is a picture playing with Alex Lora of El Tri (El Tri is the Rolling Stones of Mexico), I had the opportunity to back Alex for his NAMM 2007 gear promos. This was the gig where he, Brad Kava (harmonica), and I jammed improvised a jam that he later turned in to El Tri's hit tune "Besame" (haha still waiting for the royalty check..).

Anyway, this Stringray is a great player. Here are the specs:
    - Honeyburst
    - Built approx 2003
    - Serial #E36145
    - 100% original
    - 10.3lbs on the bathroom scale
    - original HSC
    - single humbucker, 3 band eq

According to your selling post statement, you didn't mention any words that related to the potentiometers issue, also I wonder why do I have to pay the extra 50 dollars for shipping, since you clarify that 1100 dollars plus shipping. Anyway, it's 300 dollars to purchase the new potentiometers circuit and replacement.
  7. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

8. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Seller was cool to offer to pay for repairs but should have also offered to take it back and pay shipping each way. Sounds like honesty mistake but obviously I cannot hear sound issues with it. Just my thoughts
  9. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

300$ for broken pot?
  10. odarellmc

odarellmc

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

i agree 100%, seller take the bass back, and give this man his money!
  11. drbakker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Sorry for the slow response, I just got back from an international trip.
    I am sure it can be repaired for much less than $300.
    Can you please take it to a local dealer that does repairs, and have them call me? If we can get a more reasonable estimate than $300, I am happy to pay to fix it, and I will pay the repair guy directly so it's no money out of pocket for you. Just PM me and I will give you my cell.
    Also, if that doesn't work for you, I'm happy to take the bass back and refund you if you want.
    Thx,
    Dave.