1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Ebony Gibson Ripper 1976 (With Neck Solo Mod)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BassSurfer, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassSurfer

BassSurfer Supporting Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

EDIT: If you need more pictures, shoot me a a text message and I will get them to you as soon as possible. I can be reached at 646 529 1426.

For sale is definitely NOT a closet queen! This Ripper has been played! To start things off, she has had a repair at some point in her life to the headstock. I am not aware when this was done, but it clearly shows it. I have taken a picture of the headstock/neck the exact location of the repair.

Next, the pick guard is clearly not original. They do sometimes show up on Ebay, so if you are looking for a restoration project, it shouldn't be hard to find one. The pick guard and the body shows some scratches as well. The strap button on the lower bout of the bass has also been damaged, but a seller on Ebay has some original ones for sale here! One of the screws to one of the tuners is also missing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Vi...129?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item19e64e6e51

All of these imperfections can be seen and analyzed in the photographs below.

On to the "good." The fourth position on the varitone switch has been modified to solo the neck pickup, which as we all know is a HUGE enhancement to this bass for obvious reasons! :bassist: The entire bass has been copper shielded too so she is as quiet as can be. Truss rod functions perfectly too! This bass plays beautifully and is perfectly setup. She can give you that low end grunt that these basses are famous for. With the tonal possibilities that the Ripper can give you, you can definitely use this bass for any application. She is also EXTREMELY light, I don't have a scale, but I may be able to get one later this week.

I am asking $750.00 or BEST OFFER. I know $750.00 is too high for a bass like this ( in this condition with no case) but I am listing a price due to TB's rules. I am very flexible, so hit me with your best shot but please, no low low balls. Shoot me a PM or a text at 646 529 1426 for any questions, comments, or concerns you may have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. BassSurfer

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

Might end up keeping this thing!
  3. BassSurfer

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

Some interest but nothing major. Throw me your offers. I know $750.00 is not really "realistic!"
  4. primussucks9126

primussucks9126

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

This is an awesome playing and sounding bass. Bump for a stand up TBer.
  5. BassSurfer

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

Sold to BassSurfer!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.