1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

FS: Elrick Hybrid Classic 5...........Extremely High End Quilted White Ash and Aeros

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mr. Majestic, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    This Elrick is extremely nice......there has been nothing held back on anything. The pick-ups are custom Aeros, the electronics are Aguilar OBP-3, the neck is a truly custom quarter-sawn Wenge 1pc, the body is a super light Swamp Ash (that has slight flames). The top is EXTREMELY RARE, there are only 4 basses or guitars, that are known of, that have this type of Quilted Curled White Ash Top. There is one other type of ash that has Quilts and Curls, it's called Tamo Ash.....this one is not Tamo Ash. Any other instruments that you see with those Tamo Ash tops are NOT the same. Those tops are super thin veneers, but are still expensive.

The other three basses with a true Quilted/Curled White Ash top are a Hannewinkle 5, the 25th Anniversary Fodera Emperor II Elite, and my CallowHill Junk 5.

Here is the Elrick link to my bass, it originally had Bart PU's and Pre-Amp. I went through Rob to upgrade this bass: http://elrick.com/gallery.php?id=14

Here are some very recent pics, and if you have any questions, just send me a PM. I need to mention that I sell Rob and many other high-end guitar/bass builders, their swamp ash for their bodies......this bass is extrememly light weight and was hand picked out. This bass weighs in around 8lbs:

If you could even find another top like this one has; the price would run you around $2500...just for the top. The custom Aeros would run you at least $500. The total cost on this bass new, would be around $6500. I am asking $3750 o.b.o., shipped to the lower 48 states.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Cashu

Cashu Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Man I love this Elrick. Beautiful. How do the Aeros sound compared to the original Barts?
  3. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    114   0   0

Say it ain't so!!!!
  4. Mr. Majestic

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    The Aeros are more aggressive "jazz" type tones; the Barts were soapbars.
  5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    199   0   0

Very cool.
  6. bassinplace

bassinplace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Simply stunning.
  7. cjazjef

cjazjef

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Bump...this is the nicest Elrick I've ever seen
  8. MixBass

MixBass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Disclosures:
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    That's purrty, dig the antler hanger too.
  9. Lloydtownsend

Lloydtownsend

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

A deer hung its skull on your tree then put a sweet bass in its rack! ....you must love wildlife for them to do stuff like that!
  10. Mr. Majestic

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Thanks for the compliments; this bass also plays extremely well! The deer antlers were found outside a home we moved into a few years ago.....they had EVERYTHING still attached.

Bump
  11. Mr. Majestic

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Bumpy-tee-do-da, bumpy-dee-a.......my, oh my, what a wonderful bass!
  12. Mr. Majestic

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Up! Partial trades "might" be welcome......really like 6-string single-cuts.
  13. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I may have to stop by and see this bass. Wow, what a looker. :cool:
  14. Mr. Majestic

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Yea, come on over! I'll pull out my Callowhill, too. They have the exact same top, from the same figured block of Quilted Ash.

[​IMG]
  15. Hot Pocket

Hot Pocket Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   1

Cool exterior guitar hook. I have a ton of high end basses for trade or partial trade (see my posts here on TB) as well as some guitars Gibson Historics, Fender Custom Shops and Sonor Delite Drums and a couple of fine watches. Otherwise enjoy the free bump.
  16. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Sweet, I'll bring my Acacia and Fodera and we can play wife..er, I mean bass swap..lol

17. J2Kbass

J2Kbass Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

That is the best top I've ever seen, Bump.

Really. Wow!
  18. Mrfstop

Mrfstop Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Thank god that has a 5th string. Or I would be in major trouble right about now...pheeeew
  19. Mr. Majestic

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Price drop to $3600...shipped to the lower 48.
  20. Mr. Majestic

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Picture Bump........I got three sets of bookmatched tops from the same figured piece of Quilted Ash. The quilted ash was from an extremely old mill and they had found this piece of ash over 40 years ago and had made up their mind to never sell it............I truly had to pay well to recieve it,......my plans were to take the basses and tops to NAMM and for examples for my Majestic Wood Supply.
    Rob Elrick cut the larger piece into 6 individual pieces, that's was enough for 3 bookmatched tops for 3 basses.......(1) Elrick, (1) Callowhill and (1) still in my collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.