1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: EMG J5 5 String Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by joelb79, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelb79

joelb79

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

EMG J Set 5 string pickups. Used since July in my 5 string Fender Jazz bass. Purchased here on Talkbass, I had to purchase new pickup leads to make the set work. Included are all the parts, pots and new pickup wires. I do not have the box they came in. These are long short lengths made to fit USA and MIM Fender 5 string basses. The bridge pickup is 4.1" and the Neck is 3.9" long.

$100 shipped

Pictures soon; they are currently installed in a bass that I actively gig with and in excellent shape w/o scratches or marks and look minty fresh.
  2. TBGFRED

TBGFRED Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Joel - what happened? Last I looked in, your long quest for a perfect J-5 had settled on the EMGs... I'm recalling 'sonic chameleon' ... ?

f
  3. joelb79

joelb79

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

I have bills to pay; and the 5 string bass is going to go bye-bye beacause of how I had to purchase it. I did not have the cash for the 5 string so it went on a credit card. Well, the gig I bought the bass for was not paying me enough money to make the credit card bill. On top of that I am days away from having no cellphones which means no gigs will be coming in anymore because I wont be in contact with the world. Plus, My cars are both broken down and so Its impossilbe to get to gigs. I am a father of two and I am homeless living with my mother right now.. I cannot afford to pay off my past due bills from my old house that I was evicted from by the county treasurer.

So I am selling all my bass gear to better my life. I will be working a job at fast food because it pays more than playing gigs anyways.. and I will be on welfare as soon as my application is processed. I am sick of living a life of indigency because I play bass guitar. I doesnt matter how good I am, how many people think I am good. I dont care. I am not enjoying playing anymore when I cannot enjoy the basics of my life because money is the issue. I would rather be fed, and have a roof over my head that I pay out of my own pocket for than play bass guitar.

I know in a few years when my college education grant pays off and my hard work ends up putting a degree in computer programming in my hands that I will be able to afford a Skjold, Warmoth, you name it..

But for now... I have hard decisions to make which require me to sacrifice things I enjoy for the ones I love.

So yes they are great- but they are not needed in my life. $100-200 would change my life right now.. EMG pickups are not life-changing for me with everything i spoke about above hanging over my head.
  4. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

5. Ratbut

Ratbut Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

What he said, Pics?
  6. joelb79

joelb79

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Pictures of the top are easier to come by; but taking the pickups out will have to wait until tomorrow. I have a person who has offered to purchase them on Friday; if that deal falls through expect pictures of the pickups following with a bump.
  7. joelb79

joelb79

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

And they are sold; thanks for the interest everybody.

The bass they were in should be listed soon; MIM Fender Standard Jazz V 5+1 2010 model, black/white pickguard, rosewood.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.