1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: EMG J5 Set - 5 String Jazz Bass Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by nervous, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

This is for a brand new set of EMG J5 5 string Jazz Bass pickups. I think these are the newest addition to the EMG Jazz offerings. I bought them to try in my Lakland DJ5 but found some difficulty in pairing them with the East DJ Retro pre that I have installed. So the East stays and these must go.

They were a perfect fit replacement for the Aeros that were in there and that would indicate that they will fit a wide variety of basses that use this size pickup.

The dimensions of the EMG J5 set are as follows:
    Bridge - 105mm (4.13")
    Neck - 101mm (3.98")

Check their details here

http://bestbassgear.3dcartstores.com/EMG-J5-Set--Five-String-Jazz-Bass-Pickup--Black-Only_p_2230.html

"With sweeping harmonic overtones and clarity, the J pickup has characteristic jazz bass tone, but due to our custom design adds a modern broad tonal response that will add new dimensions to your bass playing. Our design has a very low ratio of resistance to inductance, which increases low frequency response, while the radiused ceramic bar magnet endows the tone with tight mid-range punch and dynamic high end response, all with less noise and more signal. So whether you play fretted or fretless bass, playing live or in the studio, you'll get an incredible full sound to get the job done."

I paid the $159.00 but will save you $14.00 on the very same, brand new set of these with two brand new, unused longer pickup quick connect cables.

$145.00 PayPalled and shipped CONUS. No international shipping and I am not really looking for trades right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nervous

3. nervous

4. nervous

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nervous

7. nervous

I am sorry for not mentioning in the OP that I am not really looking for trades right now. And if they are still here in a few more days I might just install them with an EMG pre.

8. nervous

Well, I pulled the DJ-Retro and reinstalled these today so I'll give them some time to see how I like them. That would make them no longer available for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.