FS: Epiphone Korina Explorer bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Siri, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

Up for sale in a Epiphone Korina Explorer Bass. No Case. In very good condition with a few minor dings. 34 inch scale. All original except for the new bone nut. The original brass nut was poorly cut and I had a new bone nut installed. Thick round neck profile. Chunky and fat! The humbuckers are powerful with a thick and chewy tone that cuts through the mix. There is some bridge lift which I have noticed on several other Explorers. Probably not the most expensive bridge on the market. Anyway, The lift is not causing a problem; it stays in tune and intonates properly, good resonance through the body.

I bought it earlier this year and cannot get used to the hot pickups. Just too hot and thick for me. Great, looks, feel and fun to play. Thanks for looking, Dan

photos: http://s854.photobucket.com/user/danfisher108/library/Explorer Bass?sort=3&page=1

Asking $350 plus shipping. CONUS only.

2. HawldieMPB

HawldieMPB

Interested in any trades??

3. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

Thanks but I am not interested in any trades. Happy Christmas

4. HawldieMPB

HawldieMPB

Happy Christmas to you too!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

Still here folks! I had plans for this bass, a fun upgrade project that is not going to happen now. I bought 2 basses since acquiring this one so it needs a new home. Imagine: New pickups, onboard preamp, active/passive EQ, etc would make this a versitile bass. Just saying!

7. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

8. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

explain bridge lift, please

9. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

Bridge lift is due to a slight upward bend in the back end of the bridge. The defect is in the bridge which has bent under string tension over time. You could hammer it flat or just buy a replacement. I added a couple of photos of the bridge to the photobucket link above. The blue paper in the photo fits between the bridge and the body showing some space. I bought this bass used last year in this condition. I have examined other models with the same bridge and they also had some upward bend. Regardless, it has not been a problem for me as the bass plays well, has a nice resonance throughout the body, stays in tune, etc. Replacing the bridge was going to be part of my upgrade plans. WD music offers the same bridge for $35. Metric Gold bass bridge.

I will drop the price by $50 to fully cover the replacement of the bridge if anyone is interested in the bass. Or I can just order a new bridge and replace it myself. 4 bolts. Easy.

New Price, $300 plus shipping.

10. brenner182

brenner182

Is this still available?

11. Siri

Siri Supporting Member

Sold it locally, thanks everyone.