1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Esh Various 5-string Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fritzk9, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

Selling my German-made Esh Various 5-string bass. This bass has been a joy to own, but I need to raise money for another project.

The bass is in like-new condition. It still has the layer of plastic film on the back cover plate. These basses are very hard to find, especially in the US and in this condition. This bass listed new for $2300.

The bass plays and sounds great. I have played it live once and recorded with it multiple times and it has great presence and sustain. The bass is also lightweight, just shy of 8 lbs. Very easy on the back! Action is set nice and low. Neck is straight and the truss rod isn't completely tightened.

String spacing is adjustable from 18mm to 20mm (saddles slide side-to-side). I currently have it set at 18mm.

The bass is basically original, except that I replaced the stock passive tone control with an EMG BTC bass/treble stacked control. I also replaced the knobs so that they would match with the stacked concentric knobs. I will include the original tone control and original knobs. I also installed Loxx strap locks, and will include the original strap pins.

There is one flaw: the pearloid fret marker at the 24th fret is cracked. It was that way when I received it. It does not affect playability. There's a picture of it on the Photo Bucket (link listed below).

Bass features:

- Swamp Ash body
    - Sanded black color
    - Wenge fingerboard
    - Maple neck
    - ETS Bridge with Piezo sensors
    - Adjustable gain control for each piezo
    - EMG MM style pickup with switchable single/humbucker
    - EMG BTC bass-treble boost/cut circuit
    - 34" scale
    - Schaller tuners
    - Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz.
    - Width at nut: 46mm
    - Width at 12th fret: 65mm

Asking $1000 shipped CONUS in a Road Runner padded gig bag. Could also make a deal for local pickup (Indy area) or meet halfway between Chicago, Cincinnati or Louisville.

More pics can be found here:
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/fritzkiff/library/Esh%20Various

Attached Files:

2. fritzk9

3. fritzk9

Close-up of body's grain pattern (swamp ash).

Attached Files:

4. fritzk9

Price drop.
  5. fritzk9

Sold on the bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.