1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: Euphonic Audio iAmp Pro 1200

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by basspipe, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basspipe

basspipe Supporting Member

EXC / VG+ condition

1200 watts / 9 pounds

$850.00 firm shipped CONUS with padded Moradian bag

The manufacturer specs can be found here:

http://www.eaamps.com/products-detail.asp?REC_ID=3

Great amp. Very versatile. Amazing tone. I'm just not ready to give up my tubes.

No trade offers please.

Attached Files:

2. leestefanski

leestefanski

One of the coolest looking amps around!
  3. basspipe

Thanks! This one's gonna hurt a little. I'm still sitting here staring at my EA cabs, lol.
  4. basspipe

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Smoof

Smoof Supporting Member

Are you the first owner? Do you know how old it is? Thanks
  7. basspipe

Good morning, I purchased the amp from another TB'er, so I am the second owner. I wanted something smaller and lighter that I could also use with my EA cabs. My bandmates love it and my guitarist will be probably be p1ssed when he finds out, but I miss my tubes. It's really that simple. The sound and presence on this amp are astonishing, but for me the iAMP Pro is so precise and so detailed that I find myself needing to make some changes in my playing. Essentially, it has revealed how sloppy my right hand can be.
  8. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

That amp seems pretty cool! I've never played through one, but I was just about to pick up a Genz ShuttleMAX 9.2. I'm impressed by the 1200 watts into 4 ohms - something that I wasn't aware could be done with any of the SMPS being used in most amps. And the manual says also 1200W into 2 ohms? And no fan? Very interesting. How would you describe the tone of the amp? From your description, and the one in their manual, seems like it would fall into "clinical" territory.
  9. basspipe

When I think of an amp as sounding clinical I think of an amp that fails to capture the sound of my instrument, stripping the tone down to just the sound of the electronics. This amp does not do that at all. In fact, if I could say only one thing that this amp excels at it would be its ability to reproduce the sound of your instrument. Using the eq allows you to get pretty much whatever sound your bass is capable of getting. With regards to the power of this amp, it's as much as most of us would ever need but is also flexible in that it can also be used to power smaller cabs at 8ohms. I have two 2x10 EA's and along with this amp it's all I need.

Check the link below from Gollihur. He has some interesting perspective on this amp.

http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1827-EUPHONIC_AUDIO_IAMP_PRO_MUSICAL_INSTRUMENT_AMPLIFIER.html
  10. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Very cool info. Thanks for posting the link. Looks very interesting! I'm going to pass for now, but would like to play through one of these at some point. They seem pretty intriguing.

Good luck!
  11. basspipe

Thanks, it's funny because the more I find myself having to describe this amp the more I find myself second guessing selling it. I'll have to experiment with it some more this weekend when I get to use both cabs.
  12. basspipe

13. basspipe

I just listed this amp on feebay. Below are some pics that I used in the listing that seem to capture the quality and condition of the amp a lot better than the pics I used above:

Attached Files:

14. basspipe

15. basspipe

16. KCLRbass

KCLRbass Supporting Member

Someone buy this! I am a proud, long-time EA user. Beautiful, reliable and versatile amps with great features.
  17. basspipe

18. basspipe

19. basspipe

20. basspipe

Sunday Bump
  21. basspipe

Thread Status: