1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Exar Bass Distortion & AbovegroundFX Venue Reverb pedals

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by bongomania, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Cheap! $85. I was the US rep for Exar for a while, but unfortunately they went out of business a couple months ago. This pedal was from my personal pedalboard, so it is used, but still in very good clean condition, works perfectly. I'll try to post some soundclips soon. Relay-based true bypass, the best. Sold for $135 new, so asking $85 shipped.
    No trades except for compressors I haven't reviewed yet, thanks. Let me know if Q's!

[​IMG]
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Bongo is there another OD Pedal you can compare it to? does it have the same flavor as a Boss OD ?
  3. bongomania

Disclosures:
    Hmm, that's a tough one. Really the only sensible thing would be for me to find time to make an audio clip. IMO it's much warmer and more versatile than the Boss, i.e. it can actually be used as an OD and not just a distortion. But it's not as warm as somebody might want who was looking for a really tubey sound. It's stronger in the distortion end of the spectrum, but not as aggro-raspy as something like the Rusty Box. The Exar is kind of a middle ground jack-of-all-trades pedal, covering a lot of turf, but not replacing the more specialty-voiced pedals.
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I like the mix nob and separate bass and treble should be easy to dial in.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

Found a demo:
  7. SirMjac28

After listening to that demo and I know its hard to judge sometimes but it reminds me of the Creation Audio Holy Fire but with the added bonus of more tone controls I know there are plenty of folks trying to get their hands on a Holy Fire but the Exar is a nice alternative at a great price without the crazy wall wart.
  8. bongomania

Disclosures:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.