1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS Extremely RARE GUILD B4CE Fretless Bass!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by inthebassclef, Sep 9, 2013.

1. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Up for sale is a very rare bass. There are not too many of these Guilds around for sure. It is the B4CE model. It is an unlined fretless acoustic bass. Very few companies make unlined acoustic basses and if you know acoustic instruments Guild is one of the best. The latest model bass form Guild will run you $2500. They are known for their exceptional craftsmanship, tone, and playability. When strung up this bass has amazing tone and you could even get that woody upright sound out of it.

This bass was made in 1993. It does have some issues. To begin with I purchased this bass with the intention to fix it and had not gotten to it yet. When I purchased it the truss rod was not working. It turns but does not adjust in either direction. As a result the action was very high. Therefore, I had put it to the side and intended to get it fix. These basses are truly very hard to come by and when you do they are sold at a premium because very few fretless versions were made. So for the time being I had it in the gig bag in my closet on a hook.

Unfortunately, last week the hook fell and the bass fell as well. As a result the bass suffered damage. In the pictures you will notice a crack on the front of it. This goes through the top of the bass. The side did also take damage and there is a crack on both the top and bottom where the side of the bass and the back of it connect, both are also pictured. Therefore, this bass does require repair work to get back into working order. The neck does have a bow in it. The fingerboard is in good condition. I have always had flat wounds on it. Does come with a set of Thomastik Infeld flats on it. Fishman electronics installed and input is in strap button. The electronics did work prior to the fall. I cannot say for sure if they are still working as I do not want to tune up the bass and place tension on it just to check the electronics.

If anyone is interested I have sold many thing including basses on ebay and have a current rating of 326. My user ID is the same as it is here (inthebassclef) so you can certainly check out my feedback there and please do not hesitate to ask me any questions. I have been totally upfront with everything on this bass and have no problem answering as many questions as you need.

I am looking for $499 or best offer on this bass.

I understand the nature of being a buyer as well and am flexible on the price and open to offer. Please do not hesitate to send over offers as I am more than happy to work out a price that will work for both myself and a buyer.

Paypal only.

Attached Files:

2. inthebassclef

additional photos

Attached Files:

3. inthebassclef

some more

Attached Files:

4. inthebassclef

and more

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Great deal on a USA ABG for sure!

Likely not a huge repair job.
  7. inthebassclef

Thank you sir.
  8. inthebassclef

9. inthebassclef

Price drop $449 or best offer!
  10. inthebassclef

Price drop $399 or best offer!
  11. inthebassclef

Bump Price Drop! Really need the money. Willing to let the bass go for $300.
  12. inthebassclef

thread officially closed!
  13. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Looks opened to me Bump!