1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: fEarful 12/6 and 12Sub

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by 313, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 313

313 Supporting Member

I never thought I would part with this, but here goes. This is a fEarful 12/6 and matching 12Sub that I built exactly to Greenboy specifications. Another TBer did a "cut kit" for the wood, as I'm no woodworker. The cab was then assembled using PL premium glue, so these are sturdy cabs!

I built crossovers using specified components according to Greenboy's "cheap but good" crossover design. The 12/6 cabinet was built using the 18Sound 6ND410.

I also wired both cabs so that a toggle switch on the jackplate selects either standard "full range" mode, or "bi amp" mode. The speakons use the 4-conductor plug to support biamp mode. In "full range" mode, the cabinets connects to your head just as any other cab would with a standard speakon cable. In biamp mode, a 4 conductor speakon is required - I will include a such a cable that I used to biamp with a Carvin BX1500.

I also put a switch on the 12/6 jackplate for selecting the padding (attenuation) on the mid driver. The general consensus is to operate with padding off when the 12/6 is used with the 12sub, and padding on without the 12sub.

The grill is a 16 gauge aluminum in a silver finish. Cabs are coated with several layers of Duratex.

This stack sounds fantastic, there are no problems at all with it. As much as I love these cabs, I recently purchased two Baer ML112s that are a little better match for my tone goals at the moment.

The 12/6 weights about 44 lbs, and the 12Sub about 36 lbs. The kit for the 12/6 build would cost $580 at speaker hardware (with the 18Sound mid upgrade), while the 12Sub kit would be $384. You would still need to build, buy a grill, and finish the cab.

Save some $ and buy this pair for $800. Buyer pays actual shipping cost (CONUSA only).
    Prefer to sell as a pair, but will consider separate sale of 12/6 and 12Sub if the pair does not sell within a week or so.

Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A pic I took during the build (woofer crossover mounted on shelf)
    [​IMG]

and a pic of the mid crossover (mounted on back of jackplate):
    [​IMG]

2. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

I am interested if/when you are ready to split.

Trades?

3. 313

313 Supporting Member

PMs returned. Still available. Will separate tomorrow if the pair isn't sold by then.

4. buffalobillh

buffalobillh

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Samuel Shen Basses, NS Design, D'Addario Strings
    If I could sell my flight case for my upright bass, we could talk business.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 313

313 Supporting Member

All PM's answered.

7. 313

313 Supporting Member

Bump. Now willing to consider separating these two cabs.

8. lotusland9663

lotusland9663 Supporting Member

9. 313

313 Supporting Member

Bump, all PM's answered.

10. 313

313 Supporting Member

11. 313

313 Supporting Member

Sold, and closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.