1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS FEELER– 1971 Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by qwench, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Wow…seriously…wow…where to begin…I will spare the TB’ers a sad tale of why this is posted on here…and be clear this is a FS FEELER at this point…

I have searched for years for my birth year bass (insert old guy jokes here) and this was the first time I found one that was met all the criteria I was looking for so I snagged from a very reputable TB’er (Justin aka TheDialog)…if you check his “previously owned” instruments you will see the fella has had a ton and is a great TB’er…what I found really interesting on this one was that Justin had this one and a 60’s pre listed at the same time (the 60’s pre was in the 6k $ range) and he said whichever one sells first he is keeping the other…meaning this ’71 was pretty highly thought of by a seller with A LOT of knowledge/experience on vintage Fender’s…and this bass did NOT disappoint…as a matter of fact, it is an absolute beauty in all respects…All I did was take it to my luthier for a once over…had him put some flats on it and he said he didn’t touch it…it was perfect!!

I truly love this bass but financial priorities can shift with a young family and I may let this one go if I can get back what I paid for her…asking $2850 US funds shipped from Canada…I would prefer a Money Order scenario (it would need to be cashable at a Canadian banking institution) as I am unsure how badly PayPal would rape me for a transaction of that amount. I MAY come to my senses on this one, but truth be told…I have gigged this one a few times but often tend to leave it safe at home and gig a less valuable bass!!! Please PM me with any questions…I have added a note below from the original ad as well as the link because it has pics of the pots and neck stamps (I hope that is OK Justin!)

****NOTE FROM ORIGINAL SELLER’S AD****

Hate to do it, but it's time.
    I must sell this before Sept. 4
    Please send reasonable offers.

1971 Fender Precision Bass
    3,000 OBO shipped

Set up, plek'd, re-fretted, bone nut and switchcraft jack installed by the AMAZING Phil Jacoby (www.philtone.com)

Everything else is all original.
    OHSC included!
    Ashtrays and thumbrest included!

Pots: 032367
    Serial: 319612
    Neck Date: 5 05 71 B

Just an amazing bass...
    Link: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/1971-fender-precision-bass-1010239/

Attached Files:

2. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

The weight on this beauty is 8lbs 9.5oz

Attached Files:

3. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Please note...the original sale link has many more pics and much better pics actually...

Also, in the original case is the original owners manual and original included strings!!!...they look to be tapewounds

Attached Files:

4. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

I have been on TB long enough to know that the "trades?" question will come up sooner or later...

I will MOST LIKELY prefer an outright sale IF I do go through with this very painful transaction...but I am may entertain a few items for trade...

I might look at a pair of Aguilar SL112's in a trade (I love my DB112's but my back thinks it might prefer the SL's lol) plus $$

I might entertain a Fender AVRI ‘62 or ‘63 precision plus $$

I might also entertain a Stingray Classic 4 or 5 (natural preferred) or a SBMM Ray34ca plus $$
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Oh man. This thing was born just a few weeks before me as well. GLWTS. She's a beaut!
  7. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

i too was hatched in 71 bump. glws
  8. matti777

matti777 Supporting Member

9. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Appreciate the kind words...this one is really kinda making me ill...lol

As far as the trade scenarios, I am pretty picky and I will need to put a fair bit of $$ in my pocket...

I would consider a MIJ Fender Pre or jazz (the only jazz is the '66 olympic white w/ matching headstock reissue MIJ) plus cash...

PM's replied to

Also, before I forget, there is some stenciled words on the original case exterior....the case is in decent shape and aapears to be original or at least period correct...but there is some markings on it...I will take a pic of the case exterior when I get home!
  10. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Check it out in action - my main axe for 4 1/2 years...

Live:
  11. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

I appreciate you chiming in...and I hope it is ok I used a link to the original ad...this one is super painful and I am dangerously close to making a deal on this one...it may not make it through the day...

The best precision I have and will ever own:crying:
  12. TheDialog

No probs. If you need more vids/sound clips let me know.
  13. matti777

Any clips isolated, finger style? I might have to have it :)
  14. TheDialog

15. TheDialog

16. matti777

Thanks. Sounds great!
  17. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Well...lots of smart TB'ers out there because I am getting ALOT of interest already...if any one is being shy...you might wanna let me know soonish as this could be on the move...:bawl:
  18. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Working on completing a deal here...she appears to be all but gone!!

I will close once completed.
  19. matti777

I can't wait!
  20. TheDialog

21. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Wow...what a crazy and sad day...well, at least the wife will be happy lol!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.