1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS Feeler:1983 Fender Elite2 Gold, great cond.all original

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by OldSchool50, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

Just added Specs below:

I need to raise some cash for hefty vet bills. I saw another vet-bill appeal in the classified and I'm sure none of us pet owners means to compare our situations with the human medical emergencies that appear here. But we owners love our pets and we can tell you vet bills can be out of sight.

My retired seeing eye dog Darcy probably needs back surgery to fix serious compression at two discs, shown in an expensive CT scan that I tried unsuccessfully to post. She’s still young enough to get some good years so we plan to do surgery if it’s needed.

About the bass: I’m thinking of selling my 1983 Fender Elite 2 Gold in very good to excellent condition. All original, including the original high-impact flight case. It even has all four fine tuners. The color is described as Emerald green. I am the second owner, having purchased from the original owner last year.

This was described to me by a local luthier as “Fender’s custom shop before there was a Custom Shop.” Don’t mean to trigger a debate but these are very well built, with heavy duty hardware and Schaller bridge. This is one of Fender’s earliest active basses, and it’s on the heavy size 11+ lbs.

It plays great, with a range of tones that span Pbass to clean slap. Everything works perfectly, Currently has a new set of D’DAddarioi flats, with seems to be a good fit.

A few minor issues. One is a cosmetic fix near the rear strap knob, (will show in a photo). The paint had chipped so I had a RI luthier repair it. The refinished area is smooth and sound, but the paint didn’t match quite right. Minor in the big scheme, but worth mentioning. There's very minor pitting on the gold hardware here and there. Except for some surface stratches on the back, the rest of the finish is in fine condition.

I’m looking for [DEL]$1300[/DEL] $1200 plus shipping CONUS. Sorry no trades. If other funds become available, I will keep this.

Great info on these basses at this site. http://www.riverband.demon.nl/elite.html#Elite2

Here are two Max Proud videos that really show off this model.

Attached Files:

2. OldSchool50

Here's the patient

Attached Files:

3. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    I had an Elite Strat years ago. These are really nice!
  4. OldSchool50

Was it heavier than the typical strat? Because this thing is SOLID!

I will try to find some detailed specs and post if I do.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    Yes, it was heavier, although not too heavy, and it was extremely well made. I was actually in the store when the guy brought it in to sell it. He brought in an elite Strat and an elite bass, both natural finish. I walked out with the Strat and kicked myself that I didn't buy the bass too. I wound up selling the Strat years later just because I rarely play guitar anymore.

Good luck, someone is going to get an outstanding instrument!
  7. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Everytime I read this I see Elite 2, and think Aria SB Elite II...

Bump for a Killer Fender.
  8. OldSchool50

Here are the general specs on the Elite 2. I'll try to answer any questions.

Model Name: Fender Precision Elite II

Body Material: Alder, Ash
    Body Finish: Polyester
    Body Shape: Precision

Neck
    Neck Finish: Polyester
    Neck Shape: Modern "C", feels flat
    Scale Length: 34"
    Fingerboard: Rosewood
    Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" Radius
    Number of Frets: 20
    Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
    String Nut: Synthetic Bone
    Nut Width: 1.75"
    Position Inlays: White on rosewood

Electronics
    Bridge Pickup: Precision Elite Split-Coil Precision Bass
    Neck Pickup: Precision Elite Split-Coil Precision Bass (on Elite II only)
    Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone (Both Pickups), Pickup Switch, Tone Switch, Preamp, 9V battery

Hardware
    Bridge: 4-Saddle Fender® Hi-Mass with fine tuning
    Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
    Tuning Machines: see above
  9. OldSchool50

Here's the Fender Schaller Bridge and tuners.

Attached Files:

10. DeepDesertBeat

DeepDesertBeat Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful and a rare find, especially one that has the fine tuning screws on the bridge (albeit somewhat functionally useless, probably why everyone took them off) I have an Elite I and I had to scour eBay for about a year to find these screws for mine. I ended up having to buy the whole bridge.

Good luck with your pal. I recently spent $7k on mine for back surgery. My pup is older as well, but still has plenty of years left. To see him happy and pain free made it worth every penny and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I wish I had the scratch, or I would buy this from you immediately. If it is still around in a couple of weeks (an some of my gear sells), I will try to help out a fellow dog lover.

GLWTS
  11. OldSchool50

Thanks for the bump DeepDesertBeat. This one is so unusual I just like to look at it.

I will shoot you an email and maybe you can fill me in our your pup's surgery experience.
  12. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    This thing is gorgeous. Wish I had the funds, GLWTS and GLWTD!
  13. OldSchool50

More photos. Second pix shows repair. color blend is off a bit (apparently a tough color to match, but the surface is perfect.

Attached Files:

14. OldSchool50

a few more

Attached Files:

15. OldSchool50

Here are a few shots of the case. THis is original and industrial strength. Very unusual looking in very good shape and clean.

Attached Files:

16. as678

as678

17. OldSchool50

Sale Pending
  18. Zitch

Zitch Registered Brand of Cool Supporting Member

Media:
    Glwts and good luck with your dog hope all goes well.
  19. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage. Supporting Member

Mega rad Fender here, good luck to your pup!
  20. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Great bass. Beautiful dog - reminds me of mine, looks wise and health wise. Big ups for retired service dogs.

There are non-profit organizations that help animal owners offset the cost of medical care. I didn't know they existed until I had major veterinary expenses and they helped me out.

Here's one - the Bunky Walton Fund:

http://www.guidestar.org/organizations/22-3042179/bunky-walton-fund.aspx

Good luck to both of you.
  21. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your dog. They are so much a part of the family. We recently got pet insurance in case anything like this comes up with our dog.

Beautiful bass -- good luck with the sale!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.