1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS Feeler: '95 Warwick Fortress One 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by christopherogut, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christopherogut

christopherogut Supporting Member

SOLD!

I'm considering selling my 1995 Warwick Fortress One 5 string which I've had for the last 6 years. As the pictures show, there's a lot of playing wear and mojo that's been accumulated over the last 6 years. If you're looking for a near-mint Fortress One, stop reading right now! If you're looking for a comfortable player bass, keep reading. I got it from a guy who said the bass was originally a '94 fretless until a neck swap with a friend, at which point the finish was re-done (and with some visible brush strokes, not too terribly well) and the stock electronics were pulled for a set of EMG active jazz pickups. It had no jack on the side of the body so I eventually added one and rewired, leaving a jack on the front of the bass only to fill the hole. The EMGs sound great, and while they're not the original MEC pickups, there's still tons of growling tone and buttloads of sustain. I swapped capacitors (forget what it's got now) to get more of a treble cut.

There are numerous dents and dings on the body, scratched finish on the back of the body, slap/pop scrapes on the front, finger rest marks worn through the finish... The all-wenge neck is straight and true, feels great, but the headstock has some dents and scrapes from hitting things over the years. Serial number on the neck is A 000 602 95. The original Dunlop Straploks are included on a brown leather strap as well as a Warwick gig bag in good overall condition.

[DEL]I'm thinking $500 firm local sale, $550 shipped in the 48 states.[/DEL] I'd feel best if someone interested in this sat down and played it for a while. It also saves me the hassle of carefully packing this and shipping it around the country. Maybe I'll get there in the interest of selling but for now, yeah, local only. I'm in Monroe, NY, about 45 miles North of NYC.

Feel free to PM me.

[​IMG]
  2. christopherogut

... additional pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

this is a cool bass. Free bump :)
  4. christopherogut

bump... could do $550 shipped.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

any recordings?
  7. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

So I guess the Fortress has a one-way truss rod right?
  8. christopherogut

guitar<bass: I don't have any recordings, but I may be able to sit down and demo the bass later this evening and make an mp3 clip from a digital camera video.

Epitaph04: from the Warwick owner's manual, "...Warwick Fixed Steel Truss Rod: As of July 1998, All Warwick basses are equipped with a steel reinforced neck and 2-way fixed steel truss rod. All bolt-on necks since February 1996 also employ this truss rod. The easiest way to tell if your bass has this truss rod design is the presence of a volute, or small heel behind the nut..." As this neck is a '95, I would assume that it is NOT a two-way truss rod but is indeed a removable one-way truss rod. FWIW I've never had any neck issues and the action is quite low.
  9. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    This is a really killer deal. If I weren't trying to thin my own herd, this would be mine!
    I had a '95 Masterman and the construction and tone were top-notch. Warwick had their stuff together quite well in '95. This kicks the stuffing out of a Rockbass and is just about the same price. And the balance on these is unbeatable!

If it hangs around much longer, I may have some explaining to do to the wife...

GLWTS!
  10. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

This Bass is from an Era when Warwicks were still made with very high quality, i had a 97' COrvette and it was fantastic.
  11. christopherogut

Thanks for the positive comments. This bass is built like a tank and ready to please for many years... bump in hopes of finding a forever home!
  12. christopherogut

I recorded a quick video to demo the EMG pickups in the Warwick and show the different sound combinations with the V/V/T knob setup... if anyone is interested, please PM me for the YouTube link.
  13. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

14. christopherogut

PENDING sale to guitar<bass... this guy has great taste in instruments! :p
  15. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Ha, I was looking for a "like button"

Ah.. life before Facebook.. but then again, I wouldn't have been about to brag about my AWESOME decision!! :D
  16. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

My phone managed to put a p.m. up as a post on here. Wonderful..
  17. christopherogut

SOLD to guitar<bass and shipping out today!

Thanks for all the interest!
  18. manghu67

manghu67 Supporting Member

Gah! Wish I had seen this sooner!
  19. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

I wouldn't normally do this.... But I've put off buying my first German Warwick for nearly 10 years. So, I mean no offense by this and I do wish you a good day..... but....

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Good luck, btw. There's been a handful of good ones pop up. This one just happened to pop up right after a long set of hours and a certain "Thumb 5 savings fund" was able to cover it. I'm planning to have the body re-finished by a Luthier near me. There will be pictures :)
  20. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

Yikes! Killer deal.
  21. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Thanks bud!!! Leaving feedback now. Love it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.