1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS Feeler - CANADA- Spector Legend 4 Bubinga w/ EMG PJ and 3 band EQ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rod Harder, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

I'm throwing out a feeler on this one, not 100% sure I want to move it, I need to thin the herd to raise some $$ but even though this is only a Legend it still gets more play time than my Rex, Legend 4X and as much as my trusty old NS2A.
    This bass exemplifies everything that you have ever heard about how great the Legend necks can be, it's a blast to play.
    The bass is in good shape for a 10 year old bass, and plays absolutely fantastic. Action is super low and strung to Eb currently. No case but will ship in a generic gig bag and packed to thwart even the angriest freight handler.
    There are some scratches on the back and on the rear edges as you can see in the pics, but the bass still looks great.
    I'm thinking that I should be able to get $400 CDN shipped in Canada, and I would prefer to ship within Canada as sending an inexpensive korean bass to the USA is often costly due to shipping and duty as well as the brokerage piracy that UPS charges.
    If you're in the US and interested please drop me a line and we'll talk and see if it makes sense.
    I'm really not looking to trade at this time, cash is king for this one please, unless you'd like to trade a white NS2A even up - in which case let's go!
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Rod Harder

Full body without and with flash.

Attached Files:

3. Rod Harder

Back.

Attached Files:

4. Rod Harder

Back - ding on back side and full back shot

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

Which preamp does that use/have? And how bad IS shipping to the States?
  7. Rod Harder

It's an EMG 3 band preamp, all fixed frequency center detent pots for bass, mid, treble and individual volumes for the P and J pickups. I'm not sure of the model, someone on the Spector Club forum could probably shed a little light on the model.
    As for shipping, I just did a quick estimate via UPS and also one with Canada Post, using a random New Haven zip code, and the shipping is not cheap from Canada, especially Western Canada.

UPS Standard - $145 CDN / approx $130 USD
    Canada Post Expedited Parcel - $94 CDN / approx $85 USD

UPS will also charge a fee for brokerage on your end as well as duty, so the UPS cost could near $200 once it is in your hands.

Canada Post will deliver via USPS on your end and the brokerage and handling costs are usually much less, from what I am told by those I have sent things to in the US.

As you can see, it's not cheap, which is why I am reluctant to ship to the US. Hope this answers your questions.
  8. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

It does, Rod. Thanks! I'll try to find something a bit closer tp home.
    Good luck, regardless!
  9. Conzo93

Conzo93

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    Any idea on shipping to Northern Ireland? I'm really after an NS2A or even any neck-thru Spector, have been for a good long while but thats a pipe dream. Plus any Spector I've played with a PJ setup has been amazing!
  10. Rod Harder

I'll look at shipping when I'm home this evening. I'm at work today, what city / area are you in?
  11. Conzo93

Conzo93

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    I'm from Limavady in the County Londonderry area
  12. Rod Harder

As requested - pics of the EMG preamp and control cavity.

Attached Files:

13. Rod Harder

Going to hang on to this for the time being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.